So you wanna do competition bbq...a sampling of the load up

I hear ya it's a lot of work but it's all worth it. BBQ UP

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

I figured there's always the questions of what do you need. What does it take. This a fair example of a backyard not too serious kcbs team

I know that feeling. Here are a couple pics of my truck ready to go to my second competition a couple years ago. Felt like Jed Clampett of the Beverly Hillbillys, all i needed was Granny on top in a rocking chair. The entire back seat is packed and the passengers seat as well. Ha ha. Luckily, i now have a little larger truck, learned to cut down on what i pack and have a very small (14ft) toy hauler to pack it in.

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 165
That's nothing. We have an enclosed trailer full and the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've streamlined as much as I can, but it still takes a lot to BBQ. It's funny people think competition BBQ is just hanging out drinking beer. Someone the other day asked my husband, "Why does BBQing need a team?" We have 3 Lg BGE's, which take around 2 hours to cushion the insides and tie them down in the trailer. I can't believe you just put yours in the back of a pick-up. We had one of or BGE crack the fire box and break the plate setter coming home from a comp., so we are extra careful now. It's too expensive already! Good luck this weekend!

Eggspert BBQ

oh, that all gets tucked away into my friends construction company trailer! we take out all the insides of the egg!

Back