• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grilled Stuffed Burrito - Tortillas, eggs and yes, SPAM - also featuring chicken, brisket and pulled pork...pr0n heavy

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So, I have been playing around with things in my head this week and it all came together. I had a bunch of stuff in the freezer that needed to be used and I also wanted to cook this weekend. What to do, what to do. Then it all came together and turned into a search for the largest tortilla I could find. Being a lazy man, where I eventually found my tortilla will not surprise you but we will get to that later :noidea:.

First off, it's Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I had to cook something and luckily I had pulled some chicken leg quarters out of the freezer and had them ready to go. Nothing special with them really, just hit them with a good helping of my own rub and off to the drum. Once done I gobbled one down and pulled the other two for use later:rolleyes:.

IMAG0545.jpg

Later on this evening I fired up the kettle mounted in my WIP cooker cart.

DSCN0967.jpg

DSCN0968.jpg

While that was going I prepped the SPAM. I cut it thinly and hit it with a little rub and fried it up on the kettle as a bacon substitute. When it's thin and crispy I challenge any of you to tell the difference in a blind taste test :thumb:.

IMAG0552.jpg

IMAG0553.jpg

Once the SPAM was cooked I chopped it up and set it to the side. Next came the eggs. Using the fancy egg holder thingies I cooked up some eggs in a lazy man's fashion. I sprinkled a little cracked pepper on top because I like pepper and that is the only reason I need.

DSCN0971.jpg

DSCN0972.jpg

Next came the burrito. I did a simple mix of cream cheese, colby jack and some chopped serranos. Then just rolled into a tortilla and onto the grill.

11%2B-%2B1

DSCN0975.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

And there you have it. SPAM, eggs, and tortilla all in one cook and a triple submission for three throwdowns at once. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

New Cooker Cart Build
2 UDS's on a custom cart (looking for a new home soon, PM me)
Good One Rodeo (Free from CL)
SS Performer (CL score)
Darth Stewie Pizza Cooker (Made from CL scores)
2 22.5" and a 18.5" Weber (CL scores) and a POS COS (well intentioned b-day present)
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller

Wait, what's that? What do you mean this doesn't count? Yes, I do like dilly bars...:boxing::boxing::roll::becky::becky:

Alright fine, I shall continue on then.....

Okay, you caught me, the first burrito was just a decoy to distract the raccoon that is now living in my garage. I kid you not, when I came out to grill this I saw him scurry off into a dark corner of my way too cluttered garage under a boat. I can't hate him though. With the economy the way it is I am sure it is tough for him to find work and he probably lives on the streets.

racoonThing.jpg

(stock photo from Google, not an actual picture of the mongrel in my garage)

Anyway, moving on. Since I now have another mouth to feed I figured I needed to step this up a notch. I gathered up some ingredients and set out on the ultimate burrito build (yes I am pitching this to Fox and The Food Network :pray:). So, I gathered up my SPAM from earlier and some of the chicken that I had cooked but that just wasn't enough. Luckily I had plenty of leftovers in the freezer. I understand that the concept of leftovers is foreign to many of you but there are only two of us here and we can only eat so much so the rest goes into vacusuck bags and into the freezer. I grabbed some pork and brisket as they seemed to be a fitting addition. Clockwise from the top we have the SPAM (told you it was just like bacon), Chicken, Pork, and Brisket.

DSCN0978.jpg

And here is the rest of the ingredients. I have some rice, cheese, black beans, sauteed peppers, and the tortilla with a spread of sour cream. Oh yes, the tortilla. As stated before I spent some time searching out a large tortilla. By searching out, in lazy man's terms, I asked friends if they knew where I could find some. Most recommended places that required driving and effort. Then it hit me last night as we got a ride home from the local watering hole. Taco Bell!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2: We placed an order of their fantastic, fresh, nutritional fare and at the window I explained my need and the guy was more than gracious to provide me with 3 of their largest tortillas. I didn't actually measure them but they have to be close to 16" if not bigger.

DSCN0980.jpg

And thus the build begins. I will try go do this quickly as this post is growing long as it is.

DSCN0982.jpg

DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

But what about the other burrito you may ask? And what about the bacon, er SPAM? And the peppers? Well, here you go:

DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0988.jpg

DSCN0991.jpg

Surely you can't be serious the onlookers say. Well I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

So now, off to the grill one more time. Amazingly it got dark fairly quickly but the coals were still going strong.

DSCN0993.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

And now for final dressing. Of course the eggs were going on top along with a mix of salsas that may or may not be from Taco Bell :becky: :tsk:

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN1000.jpg

Gratuitous runny egg shot:

DSCN1002.jpg

And thus, I present to you the Grilled Stuffed SPAM, Egg, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Smoked Chicken Burrito.

DSCN1004.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

Yeah, it was delicious. I really didn't get a size reference in there but you should be able to tell from the eggs on top. The girlfriend and I could only eat the piece cut of on the right but this will be saved for several meals to come.

Last edited:
WOW!.......... We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

racoonThing.jpg

Right there I'd almost crap in my pants and run to get my shotgun. Never corner a racoon. I had a bad experience one time from that. Seriously, never corner a racoon. :laugh: They are like carnivorous monkeys that suck blood.

racoonThing.jpg

Right there I'd almost crap in my pants and run to get my shotgun. Never corner a racoon. I had a bad experience one time from that. Seriously, never corner a racoon. :laugh: They are like carnivorous monkeys that suck blood.

You are correct and I ment to and should clarify. That photo is just a funny pic from a google search. I meant to say that but in the task of the long thread out was forgotten.

You should have put a taquito inside the first burrito! Then it would have been a mexican version of a turducken! :-D

Great job!

wow!! thats awesome!! i gotta try that soon. i started doing chicken taco recently and really liked them. no idea why i never tried them before. but on the grill??? man that sound good. thanks for sharing.

You should have put a taquito inside the first burrito! Then it would have been a mexican version of a turducken! :-D

Great job!

C'mon now, that is just silly :crazy: :becky:

Back