Steel Plate price

B

bnew17

I found a supply place a few hours from me that has 8ft x 4 ft x 1/4" steel plating for $192.90 . How is that price wise? I havent checked any scrap yards yet. Should i expect the scrap yards to be any cheaper? Theres a pretty big one about 45 min from me that ive been wanting to check out if i ever get a chance. I will be starting on my first build so im a rookie with how much i should expect $$$ for materials. Thanks

I just paid that much for 1/8 inch 4ft x 10 ft in midstate ny, so yeah that is a bargian by my standards

Will it bend and what is it is what I would make sure of. Inferior export iron is and has been coming here for awhile now. If it's stuff to work with, they say grab it now because it isn't going down in cost. Supply and transportation factor in quick. Next question, if you're going to make round components is will they cut and roll it for you. That makes things so much easier. Also around the midwest it seems when you buy by the pound it's cheaper than by square footage. Not always but usually. Good luck. Steve.

Back