UDS with hinged lid and ribolator

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just finished mod'ing my UDS. I took the bottom of a 22-1/2" Weber and am using it for my lid. It is deep enough so that I can run my home made Rib O lator under it without having to put in an insert.

Since the lid is now pretty heavy I decided to hinge it from the rear. Yes, that took me most of a day to make that puppy. It looks strangely like the hinge on my BGE.... but it works great. The lid will stay up without the need for a spring.

Now I've got to finish up the paint and get cookin'

lidopenwithribo.jpg

ribolatorwithlid1.jpg

hinge1.jpg

Marty, great job on the rotisserie. What is the length and width of the baskets?

Last edited:
14 x 7-1/4

Thanks! You just need to cut about 3 or 4 bones off a rack of baby backs so it will fit, no biggie. The ROL trays are 17" wide but sometimes I need to cut one bone off. Spares need to be trimmed to the tray dimensions regardless.

Last edited:
Thanks! You just need to cut about 3 or 4 bones off a rack of baby backs so it will fit, no biggie. The ROL trays are 17" wide but sometimes I need to cut one bone off. Spares need to be trimmed to the tray dimensions regardless.

I just wanted a little more width and knew I would have to trim off a couple ribs. No worries!

Back