KCBS Board

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I read somewhere else that Tana Schupe made motion that someone be asked to resign from the BoD for conduct unbecoming.

Does anyone else have any info on that?

Thanks,

Eric

Now that she and Candy are in charge, more Merl Bashing and power grab.

ps
you forgot to mention Candy's motion to strip him of all KCBS involvment to include reping if I read it correctly

From the board agenda for todays meeting

Motion by Tana Shupe to submit names of committee members to the board.

Motion by Tana Shupe to ask for the resignation of a current board member for actions unbecoming a member of this board.

Proposed motion by Candy Weaver after conclusion of Closed Session: *Motion:* I move that all assignments this board member has been given to represent the Kansas City Barbeque Society in any capacity be cancelled immediately.

As to have an open policy with membership, I motion that all closed sections must have an agenda read before a closed section of the BOD is to take place and that no matter may be discussed in closed section which is not on the agenda.

They are trying to get Merl to resign, and they want to fire him from being a rep and cbj instructor...

They can't fire him from the board, so they are going after him in other ways...

I have a lot of friends on the BOD. I am not taking sides on any of this for obvious reasons that I do not want to put my standing with my foundation in the wrong light.

But I just wish this would all just quit. I do not know how this benefits BBQ and the way of life that we are to stand by with the KCBS Mission. This divide will never get any better if we keep pulling out the biggest knife. So I sure hope my friends don't take this as a position either way, other than to just leave it all alone and concentrate on how we can make BBQ and our Society better.

Thanks for the clarifications. After what they did to Linda and Jerry I don't pay much attention to the KCBS anymore and I had no information other than what I posted at the top of the thread.

Is the surmising that they are going after Merl an assumption based on the past or is that based on personal knowledge of the situation?

Thanks,

Eric

FACTS in evidence. If you check out the committee assignments, all bod members except Merl and Candy have two each. Merl has none and Candy, as President, does not have any. Petty things by people with small minds. They do tend to be vindictive as witnessed by the mentioned other board member who was thought to be on Merl's side.

Is the surmising that they are going after Merl an assumption based on the past or is that based on personal knowledge of the situation?

Thanks,

Eric

Personal knowledge, I spoke to Merl today.

Just to be clear, I disagree with Merl regarding many issues, but this rep and instructor deal is chicken chit.

Hypothetical situation: If proof were presented documenting a Board Member making personal threats against a Rep would you consider that "conduct unbecoming" and grounds for dismissal?

Hypothetical situation: If proof were presented documenting a Board Member making personal threats against a Rep would you consider that "conduct unbecoming" and grounds for dismissal?

What, to you, constitutes a threat? Can you offer a hypothetical example?

Eric

A hypothetical attorney advised me to shut my hypothetical mouth. :tape:

so.... How 'bout them Dawgs?

Thanks for the clarifications. After what they did to Linda and Jerry I don't pay much attention to the KCBS anymore and I had no information other than what I posted at the top of the thread.

Thanks,

Eric

'They' didn't do anything to the Mullanes. The Mullanes received a UNANIMOUS vote from the Board (INCLUDING the members of the BOD clique she belonged to) to allow her to voluntarily resign.

Eric, for someone who doesn't pay any attention to KCBS, you sure are opinionated about it.

Can someone point me to a source that will tell me about the issue that everyone is talking about here?

I'm, new to all of this. I hear people speak about bickering between board members, but every time I hear a reference made to it, it seems to be made with the assumption that everyone knows what is going on already. I would just like to know some details, and maybe some history as to what has led to the current hostile situation that is apparently the case up there in Kansas City.

Thanks from a new guy down in Bayou country.

Back