New UDS - First Cook

D

dmaraio

Just finished my UDS over the weekend and took it out for a spin. Here are the results! :icon_cool

My Babies:

food1.jpg

7lb pork shoulder and some spares

food2.jpg

Great looking food there. Welcome to the wonderful world of a drumhead. smoke on Bro.:-D:cool:

Congrats. So whats the verdict? How did she control? Did you taste the drum difference?

1. Stop posting pics while you're at work.

2. Don't post from home either, at least until you finish building my UDS.

:tongue::razz:

This thing is a winner. Temperature was a breeze to control. Was able to get the fire going early and go back to sleep without worrying. Only minor issue is that when you open her up for maintenance the temperature will shoot up over 350, even get the coal flaming. At one point the coal was not burning evenly so I had to get in there and shift it around a bit. I will get some pics of her from the outside up shortly. Still want to add a few things on there, going to add a Tel Tru thermometer and a drum dolly. Have two more blank barrels to work with too!

I told him to close the vents 1/4 hour prior to opening the lid, he didn't listen.

Grub looks great. Did you do two holes capped and one with ball valve for ventilation?

Back