Good stuff left out

Smokin Gator

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last night for dinner we had some really good Brunswick Stew I had in the freezer. After dinner I put the leftovers in a bowl and was letting it cool on the counter. Of course, I fell asleep and left it on the counter all night. When I got up this morning I put it in the refrigerator planning on eating it for lunch. Now I'm having second thoughts.

What do you think... is it safe to eat?

I would not eat it. It's been out too long for my piece of mind... Then again, if you want a few sick days, go for it!

One mans cold soup, is another man's borsht

I say, go for it.

If for nothing else than for the pure scientific value of posting your results here.

If you do indeed get sick, this thread can become a Roadmap for this type of question.

You can be like those MythBuster guys and take one for the team.

willkat98 said:

I say, go for it.

If for nothing else than for the pure scientific value of posting your results here.

If you do indeed get sick, this thread can become a Roadmap for this type of question.

Hope you are kidding Bill.

Don't eat it.

One trial does not a scientific study make.

Go for it - but first put a few dozen rolls of TP, a couple of good books, a big bucket and a phone in the bathroom. Also, take about 4 Immodium ADs and grab a big bottle of Pepto.

Also, make sure your will is up to date...can I get your smokers?

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Guess I am braver than most. Its only a few hours.. not days..

Bring to boil, kill the coodies, give it a sniff test and if it still smells good, its fair game.

:)

Disclaimer..

fair game for ME. Dont think I'd give it to anyone else.. I have a reputation to uphold.

BBQchef33 said:
Guess I am braver than most. Its only a few hours.. not days..

Bring to boil, kill the coodies, give it a sniff test and if it still smells good, its fair game.

I might try that, unless of course you sprinkled Parmesian on it the first time.

I wouldn't know a "good feet" from a "bad feet" smell

:wink:

willkat98 said:

I say, go for it.

As long as you're being scientific, do you have a cat? They make excellent test subjects.:twisted:

You know, after all the counter-chilled pizza I've eaten in my life I'd go for it too. Just don't let mama see you do it in case you get to feeling puny. <grin>

I still say put it in the round file.
You cooked it. You probably let it sit to cool while you ate it the first time.
You then freezed it and cooked it again.
You now leave it out over night and are thinking about heating it for a third time.
I don't knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww!!!!!!!!

...that leftover pizza comment makes good sense to me, I'd just eat it and don't worry about it.

Well folks... it didn't kill me. I reheated it and at one huge bowl cut with a huge slice of cornbread. The rest did go out in the trash today though. There is not much better that Brunswick Stew made with some good leftover Q my friends!!!

wouldn't mind trying stew with left over que. I am putting a couple of butts on to smoke sunday. Trying a new sauce and injection. How do you make the stuff?

Back