MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Default Awesome Chance for the right team or person!

We have an extra competition spot down at Bel Air Md, this weekend, we are looking for a crew to cook it for us. We will coach you through our process and how we want you to cook. There is no charge for this and we will supply all the meat, rubs, sauces, cookers, etc. You will get 20% of any prize money won and hopefully a lot of knowledge. Anyone interested please let me know. Thanks, Also if I am breaking any rules by mentoring a team while I cook on another let me know as well! I don't want to get dq'd!

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked UP BBQ View Post
We have an extra competition spot down at Bel Air Md, this weekend, we are looking for a crew to cook it for us. We will coach you through our process and how we want you to cook. There is no charge for this and we will supply all the meat, rubs, sauces, cookers, etc. You will get 20% of any prize money won and hopefully a lot of knowledge. Anyone interested please let me know. Thanks, Also if I am breaking any rules by mentoring a team while I cook on another let me know as well! I don't want to get dq'd!

I need help master Q'er

Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
I need help master Q'er
I'm no master Q'er, but not too shabby either! You might not learn anything, but a few rgcs and gcs this year, maybe you will! hhaha

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Goddahavit
is one Smokin' Farker

sure im stuck driving to hell as in medford, i would have gladly taken you up on this....
Backyard Jambo
Stump's Stretch
Bubba Keg
Weber WSM
Old weber gasser
Goddahavit is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Fornia
Full Fledged Farker

This seems like a wonderful opportunity...but I'm just curious, as I've got the weekend free. :)

Are you looking for the crew to cook your recipes across the board? Not questioning your intent, just want to be clear.

PsychedelicSmokeBBQ.com Berks County, PA

Follow us on Twitter @PsychSmokeBBQ
'Like' us on Facebook!
Fornia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:

Here the KCBS rule that can possibly bite you. I would get ok from the reps.

Quote:
2)
Each team shall consist of a chief cook and as many
assistants as the chief cook deems necessary. A team shall
not compete in more than one contest under the same team
name, on the same date. Chief cooks and/or assistant cooks
may only cook for their designated team at the contest they
are attending.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
deez butts
Full Fledged Farker

I think mentoring another team at the same comp is ok, just as long as he doesn't actually cook anything. I've seen a number of teams mentor other teams during contests that they were both cooking at.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dan

I'll talk to the Rep and let you know Saturday if its a DQ :)

Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, The Grill Center, Grizzly Coolers, Make it Meaty and Natures Own Charcoal
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #9
Cast Iron Chef
is One Chatty Farker

Really wish I could. Wrong coast.
22.5" Weber One Touch Platinum
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Genesis[/COLOR] 3 Gasser
Bradley [/COLOR][/SIZE]Bisquette[SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000] Pooper
Bullpen BBQ Team
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Cast Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

pure mentoring maybe but i would sure check to avoid DQ for both teams. But, IMHO you are going beyond mentoring when you claim 80% of any winnings. Keith

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'm free

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
BMerrill
Full Fledged Farker

Don't know how you can instruct one team and cook on another team at the same contest and not break the rule quoted above.

Consider 3Eyes approach of mentoring a person or say 2 team members that become members of your team at that contest.

For KCBS rule interpentation email [email protected]
If you get a go ahead from rules, always let the rep know in advance because they have the final say at the contest.
BMerrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
Bentley
Babbling Farker

I am gonna say you are Team X and this other team is Team Y. Who is the Chief Cook of Team X and Who is the Chief Cook of team Y?

I have asked a somewhat similar Question in below Thread...I also sent an email to KCBS Rules and Rich was the only one to respond and he said he did not know...

To say I will be watching this closely is an understatement!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=166740
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
ok I think I have it. You are vending (correct?) and because of the "Belair" rules you must compete as well. Am I correct so far? You would like a team to come in and cook "with" you in the competition under Jacked Up. You want experiance so you still can have a good showing while using the Jacked Up style and spacing and other crap. No issue, those who come out will just be Jacked Up for a while. Its a FARKING shame I have other obligations. This could rock!

Good luck brother! Do well!
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #15
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

2ND team would be meat bbq Co. not jacked up. no mentoring, Matts lying. we don't really know were doing ourselves. were hoping we can steal secrets from the 2ND team :)
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote