• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

first UDS brisket (heavy pron)

Bayme

Reaction score
I finished my UDS a couple weeks ago and posted some pics of my setup and first smoke. I promised pics from my first brisket from this past weekend. My dad and stepmom came down to see the kids, so I woke up at 5am to get the brisket going.

Here is the 12 pound packer from Sams.
thebeforepic.jpg

All trimmed, rubbed, and ready for the UDS.
alldressedforthesmoker.jpg

On the smoker, fat cap down toward the heat.
smokingaway.jpg

Built a stuffed fatty for breakfast Sunday morning.
fattystepone.jpg

Wrapped in bacon. Yum!
fattysteptwo.jpg

Brisket went on the smoker around 6:30am at 250-260 F. Brisket reached 165 around 10:30. I wrapped in foil and added a little broth/wine mixture. At around 4pm, temp probe went in with no resistance. Temp read 198. I removed the point to make burnt ends and wrapped the flat in foil and a towel to rest before slicing. Here are the results.

Point chopped for burnt ends
choppedup.jpg

Final product.
brisket.jpg

MEATclosup.jpg

Burnt ends (which were the best). After chopping, I added more rub, put them in a disposable pan covered in foil. Back on the UDS for 1.5 hours. Sauced and back on for 30 minutes.
burntends.jpg

Ready for dinner.
dinner.jpg

Brisket looks great, as do all the side dishes. Very nice. OK, now I'm hungry.

I butchered my first brisket on the UDS couple of weekends ago. Looks like you did a fantastic job! How you liking the UDS?

VERY NICE looking brisket! :clap2: Wish my first brisket looked like that.:redface:

Nice job.. still waiting to do my first, so I make sure to read carefully all of these "first time" post!
Thanks for sharing!

Where the finished fatty go??:confused:

Nice job, I didn't see the fatty laying out! It not make it to the table....

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am really enjoying my UDS. Now I've got people at work wanting me to make them one. I think we're going to organize a burn out party with 5 or 6 barrels and cold beverages. I guess I'll bring the food.:-D

My dad had never heard of a smoked fatty, so unfortunately (or fortunately, however you want to look at it) we ate half the fatty right when it came off and never got a chance to snap a pic of the finished product. We had the rest for breakfast Sunday morning with some biscuits.

It looked great and with the sides it looked like a great meal. Did you do your beans and Mac and cheese in the UDS. I did that on my first big UDS cook and loved the way they came out.

Back