meaty spare ribs?

R

RedRyderBBQ

So one of my favorite ribs has got to be the ribs served at oklamhoma joes in Kansas city. Along with the great flavor there are also incredibly meaty. I usually shop at Sams and get spares from the cryo and after trimming them st. louis style they are no where close to the ribs served at ok joes in size and meaty...ness....

So has anyone noticed this? or have found a good source of meaty spare ribs? Maybe I'm just picking the wrong ones.

I know exactly what you mean. They must have a great supplier. I never have found any to cook that were even close to being as meaty as theirs.

I know, googling oklahoma joe's supplier did not help either.... is anyone on the board sponsored by oklahoma joes maybe?

If you have a relationship with a meat packer, you can get spares, and just about any other cut of meat, that is selected for size. Many large restaurants and chains can get more tightly graded meat than a normal buyer can. Have you asked the store manager if he will sell you some racks uncooked?

If you have a relationship with a meat packer, you can get spares, and just about any other cut of meat, that is selected for size. Many large restaurants and chains can get more tightly graded meat than a normal buyer can. Have you asked the store manager if he will sell you some racks uncooked?

Only been to OK Joes 3 times and right now are about 4 hours away, so whenever Im back in KC I will ask and hopefully they will divulge some information.

I have a relationship with a local butcher, I will try to ask him if he can help me out. The butcher is actually my new sponsor for my BBQ team, so he might let me walk back into the freezer and look at all the ribs for the betterment of the team....

Back