Is it me?...or what?

angryfish01

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
OK, once I decided to purchace a Komato grill I knew I would want to get a side kick, you know for the quick steak or something. I bought a Weber knowing I would get a long life out of it.
What the Fark?
Is it me, perhaps I bought the runt or something, but this thing is short! For the first time in my adult life I feel inadequate!:wink:
Now I am 6'3" but still the grilling surface only comes up to my knees!
The question is has anyone else felt this way?
Is there a cure for this problem?.....Do the Pills work?

OK I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this as a problem and had a sucessful extension done? How can I raise the bar, so to speak?

Can you give us more information on what you bought? Or post a picture? My large Egg in it's nest with side tables is at a perfect height for cooking and working.

Great! The wife is laughing. Once she caught her breath she said "You just need a longer tong!"

You may have been lied to and bought a smokey joe:doh:

LOL..You could always build a nice wood stand for the kettle

They are made in the USA so they should be at right height for most.

I tried to post a picture from the phone but Tap talk isn't working..will try tomorrow.

When I first assembled my OTS, it seemed a bit short. (Especially compared to my memory of my dad's weber kettle from when I was kid) I don't seem to have any problems, however, using the cooking surface to cook. If the height is a real problem for you, it would be rather easy to construct a small box out of 2 x lumber to give it a bit of a lift. I would be sure to secure the grill to the platform to avoid bumping a leg or wheel and tipping the whole kettle over.

Your picture did make me laugh and think to myself it isn't too bad being 5'6" :p

Make a stand for it, or like someone else said, 86 the legs and build a table for it.

It would seem to me that you could get some conduit and make extensions. Add about 12” to the length of those legs. From your photo that just looks so awkward – I feel your pain. :shocked:

I'm 6'2" and never had any problem with my OTS being short, and there is no way it sits as low as it appears in your pic with you being just an inch taller than me. Maybe they are making them shorter now?:confused:

I bought my OTS one year ago and I think it's little too short as well. I haven't seen any older model to compare it but compared to my XL BGE, which is the perfect height, it is short. I bought it for camping trips since the XL BGE isn't the most portable unit, does a good job despite being vertically challenged.

Back