Chicken Wing Sauce

D

ddog27

I have a question for you guys. Would you buy a chicken wing sauce or do you prefer to make your own? Let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks!

If you're going for a traditional, "Buffalo-Style" its pretty easy to make on your own. Its melted butter, and hot sauce to taste. The more heat you want, add hot sauce. Our favorites include Louisiana Gold, and true to our locale, Frank's.

If you want to get really fancy, seperate the solids when you melt the butter:)

For chicken wings I normally make my own since I have not found a commercial one that I like.

Ya I'd buy a good one. Case in point: Crystal who makes hot sauce used to have a wing sauce. It was just the combo of hot and butter that personally loved. I would buy it each time I saw it in a store. However I can't find it anywhere now.

so I make my own with Franks redhot and melted butter, adding a little garlic salt.

Louisiana brand or Franks + butter for me. I also throw some ranch in there sometimes.

Frank's and salted butter for hot wings. Boiled down Dr. Pepper brisket marinade (made fresh without a brisket in it) works really good for regular wings. And O'Charley's Honey Mustard dressing is good too.

Frank's Original plus butter is what I use as well. I do not care for the new Frank's Wing Sauce.

Frank's Original plus butter is what I use as well. I do not care for the new Frank's Wing Sauce.

Amen to this. That Franks wing sauce pre made stuff is Terrible. It even smells bad.

I agree with the above comments. Franks origonal + butter is the way to go. Do not use their wing sauce.

dDog, I think it all depends on what you are thinking of putting out. A traditional buffalo sauce my be tough, but something different might have commercial value.

Folks that are going to buy a traditional buffalo sauce are going to buy the mass produced chit like Franks, Budweiser sauce, etc. You can't compete with the price. Folks buying that chit are the same people that buy Kraft bbq sauce. Its cheap and they don't know any better.

Take one stick of butter,one 12oz of franks hot sause, in a bowl .then add 1/4 cup of chilli powder,1table spoon of garlic, ginger,paparika,1/4 cup of honey,and 3/4cup of brown sugar. mix all together then melt in microwave ,then pour over wings bake at425 one hour.they will melt in your mouth!

I'm not a big fan of Frank's. It's not bad, just ehh. I do make my own sauce for wings. I've got a couple of hot sauces I like to use- can't remember what they are exactly right now. I've never used a pre-made sauce.

Make my own by the origonal recipe.
Store bought is caca, don't care who makes it. Read the label.

Franks plus butter. I have used other hot sauces and butter but I find I like Franks the best. Sometimes I add a little Tapatio to kick it up a notch.

So I think the consensus is that we make our own buffalo-style sauce. :-D

However... I use other sauces for wings since I'm the only one in the house who will eat buffalo wings. The best sauce I have tried is a honey-chipotle sauce that I bought at Williams-Sonoma, but they have never had it in the store again :roll: I would be more likely to buy a sauce like that.

I make my own all the time but if I was to find one that I liked I would buy it.

As a side question I love wings. How do you all buy them? Do you buy frozen or fresh. Do you buy in bulk? All I can find locally seem expensive for what you get.

I use every now and then some stuff I get at the 99cent store called Louisiana Gem its not bad I also make my own Butter + Tapatio or Valentinas Sauce. Some of the hot sauces are too much vinegar. For some reason when I eat the heavy vinegar sauces they make me snort and I love vinegar.:lol:

I use my own sauce----- Wait a minute---- I make a commercial Hot Sauce!!

Sorry!!! Cheap Plug!!

Back to my room.

I tried defcon sauce #2 after reading about it on the hotsauce blog and really prefer it to franks and butter or the franks wing sauce.

Back