Pork Loin and Pork Chops

Irrivirsible

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What is the secret to getting tender boneless pork loin or pork chops with or without the bone. Never tender always chewy to tough. I know the proper temp to remove them but that does not help. Cooking on a ceramic kamado.

Thanks

What is the secret to getting tender boneless pork loin or pork chops with or without the bone. Never tender always chewy to tough. I know the proper temp to remove them but that does not help. Cooking on a ceramic kamado.

Thanks

Have you calibrated your thermometers to make sure you aren't over cooking? Also the safe temp for pork is now 145, if you hit that you should have tender pork. Make sure you let them rest for at least 10-15 minutes after taking off the grill.

Have you calibrated your thermometers to make sure you aren't over cooking? Also the safe temp for pork is now 145, if you hit that you should have tender pork. Make sure you let them rest for at least 10-15 minutes after taking off the grill.

Speers09 brought up a good point. Over-cooked is tough and/or chewy.

Also remember when you pull the pork off to rest it will continue to cook slightly more in internal temperature as the juices redistribute back into the inner cells.

also check your cooking temperature in your kamando.

Thanks

Don't mean to sound bad when I say this but there is no way to get chewy/tough pork if you take it off the heat at the right temperature. If you don't have a good thermo go get one or calibrate the one you have. If you take it off at 150˚ you're golden!

If its still chewy after all that go get your pork from somewhere else... :thumb:

Cheers

Back