butcher bbq injection

J

Jack2u2

I plan on injecting my brisket tonight with the butcher injection. Any hints on additives. I am going to mix it with chicken broth, some garlic powder, and the rub I'm using. I will take the rub into a coffee grinder and powder it. Anyone willing to share any secrets they use for brisket? This will be my first try at butcher marinade.

i'd just follow the directions the first time you use it. that way you'll know if you like it or not. i just tried it for the first time about 3 weeks ago and just followed the directions. i really liked it. best brisket i've done yet.

I think that he (Butcher) has posted here before, but I'm not sure where or when.

I play with it alot, I will say, this, if this is for contests, I wouldn't add any rub, it will streak, well for me it does, and I would also start with just water, the pro's that I took class with just do water and play with the ratio. to other thing is I do not like it overnite in the injection, but that's just me, you can tell it's been shot, and to me way too much of a flavor profile

Four to eight hours is best. Not longer. Water works fine. David has a pork product and has just introduced a rub. Good guy, great stuff. Steve.

Back