• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lump on sale at Costco

B

BC Griller

$3.97 for 20# of The Original Charcoal Company lump here in West Michigan. I've used it for a couple of cooks and been pleased. Just completed my very first brisket (9 1/2 hours in a primo jr. I'll have pics shortly if it turned out. Forget I mentioned anything if it doesn't.)

That's the same company that makes Rancher...I hope it hits our Costco soon...:p

my costco probably won't get it. they can't even get normal stuff that i see at other costco's. at least they got tri tips.

No Picks of the brisket yet? Did it happen?

Thanks for the tip on the Lump. Does Costco have the deal where if you are not a member you can pay a % to buy there?

How do you like the Primo Jr? I am thinking on either the JR or XL like the oval Idea.

I checked our Costco, and they don't have it, can't find it any any of the national stores, and it's not on line.

I know the product manager there pretty well, and she thought maybe it was a regional trial thing?? are any of the rest of you seeing this in your local stores??

Costco in Schaumburg Il has half a pallet still..i grabbed 15 two paks this morning. USed some at Shannon this past weekend and really liked it

No Picks of the brisket yet? Did it happen?
It happened. There are pics for proof, and thanks for asking. I'll start a new thread with the pics and the full story shortly.

Thanks for the tip on the Lump. Does Costco have the deal where if you are not a member you can pay a % to buy there?
I think they do, but it has been so long since I've joined I can't remember. (this may also be a senior moment but how could I tell?)

How do you like the Primo Jr? I am thinking on either the JR or XL like the oval Idea.
As I look at some of the amazing set ups some on this site have, I am reminded equipment envy is something we never grow out of. Having said that, I REALLY enjoy my Jr. The majority of my cooks are for 3 or less people and there's plenty of room with the oval shape. You'll see shortly that it fits a full brisket easily as well. Having said that, if we entertained more I would go with the XL.

I used this Costco lump for the brisket. 9 1/2 hours and the Jr easily could have gone another 4 I think. The lump burned pretty clean and certainly not too fast.

Back