MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
Junktrader
Found some matches.

Default First Chicken On New UDS

First off, I have to say thanks to everyone here. I've been lurking for a few months while waiting for my new UDS to get built and I've learned a great deal already.

My first attempt at putting that learning into practice was about 80% successful. My right hand was still in bandages from surgery, so the wife did most of the cook actually.

I forgot the rub had salt, so it turned out a bit on the salty side. The sweetness of the BBQ sauce of set the saltiness. The wind and cool morning temp made it difficult to bet much above 270 most of the cook. so the skin was rubbery; but since it was being used for pulled chicken sandwiches (sorry, no pics) it worked out. The family thought it was great, especially for my first time smoke on the UDS.
Junktrader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
rondini
Full Fledged Farker

It will just get better with experience. That Pict. looks tasty. Hope you heal well.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

The chicken looks great. Congrats on your mostly successful cook. Actually, if the family liked it, I'd call it a complete success. Keep smoking and keep posting pron. Good job.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #4
BobM
Babbling Farker

Hi and welcome aboard, I'm glad we were able to help you.
I hope you quickly and fully recover from your surgery.
Your first cook looks really good, nice job!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 03:21 AM   #5
frankie482
On the road to being a farker

That chicken looks great to me!

Tell your wife Congrats!!!
frankie482 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

That's the way UDS is supposed to look..i love it! Great Job and get well soon

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures