MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #31
WareZdaBeef
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsandswine View Post

It's one of the best cuts of beef, period. Especially if you cook it rodizio style and get a nice crusty fat cap that melts in your mouth when you bite into it.
Please........

Try skewering some flap, or Hanger steaks cooked the same way. Then come back and spew that nonsense. I get you like this cut, or the way this cut is cooked, but lets not pretend its better then other cuts.
WareZdaBeef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #32
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Looks fantastic, I want to dip that bread in the juices

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #33
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WareZdaBeef View Post
Please........

Try skewering some flap, or Hanger steaks cooked the same way. Then come back and spew that nonsense. I get you like this cut, or the way this cut is cooked, but lets not pretend its better then other cuts.

Hmmm, maybe you can help all of us to stop "pretending" and cook up some flap or hanger steaks and convince us. I mean, I know you like those cuts, I get that. Spew some nonsense at us!

Just sayin!

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 09:58 PM   #34
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Fan-damn-tastic!

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #35
gtr

Quote:
Please........

No need to be a d!ck.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #36
tom b

and that is exactly what we did Titch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titch View Post
Looks fantastic, I want to dip that bread in the juices

Old 04-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #37
WareZdaBeef
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
Hmmm, maybe you can help all of us to stop "pretending" and cook up some flap or hanger steaks and convince us. I mean, I know you like those cuts, I get that. Spew some nonsense at us!

Just sayin!

Bob
Challenge accepted. Just give me a few days to procure the meats in question.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #38
BobBrisket

Quote:
Challenge accepted. Just give me a few days to procure the meats in question.
Lots of money shots, okay!

PS....tell the Brazilians it's a fad.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #39
gtr

A Brazilian coworker has been into that fad for about 46 years. I first learned about this fad from landarc about 7 or so years ago on here (and what the fark does he know...), and brother Phubar Phed me my Phirst Phad picanha about 4 years ago. I shared it with my pet rock while I hula-hooped.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #40
BobBrisket

So, back to true talk about the OP's subject. I don't meant to detract too much from the beef realm, but, is there a pork cut equivalent? I am imagining some crispy, crunchy pork fat kind of offering if there is a pork option.

Let's not forget to praise the beef flavor of this cut, but the toe curling goodness of that fat cap too. Fat is flavor. I'd hit that with lot of hardness!

Bob

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #41
Joshw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
So, back to true talk about the OP's subject. I don't meant to detract too much from the beef realm, but, is there a pork cut equivalent? I am imagining some crispy, crunchy pork fat kind of offering if there is a pork option.

Let's not forget to praise the beef flavor of this cut, but the toe curling goodness of that fat cap too. Fat is flavor. I'd hit that with lot of hardness!

Bob
Pork has the same cut, ask for a rump cap pork roast. I would think a good porketta, would work well with that style of cook.
Joshw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #42
WareZdaBeef
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Lots of money shots, okay!

PS....tell the Brazilians it's a fad.

Bob
Anything less then a money shot,is a waste of the members of this fine sites time. In my honest opinion, this site needs a newbie section for members that are new to BBQ, and criticism should be enforced there. As far as the long time members section, don't post if you can't handle criticism.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #43
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom b View Post
With Papillote Vegetables, beget and Chimichurri Sauce

sea salt

and were are spinning

pulled and sliced

no need for a plate, just eat it off the board, this was so farkin good I wll be doing this again soon. Thanks for lookinq
The key is going to be in the presentation and the pics. You will need to show just how much better those cuts are compared to ^^^^^^^ with visuals only. Anyone can SAY this is better than that, but getting that point across in a post and pics......takes talent and mastery on the grill and with a camera for that matter. Be ready for the criticism.

Those pics up top are hard core money shots! They just are!

Bob

Old 04-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #44
WareZdaBeef
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
The key is going to be in the presentation and the pics. You will need to show just how much better those cuts are compared to ^^^^^^^ with visuals only. Anyone can SAY this is better than that, but getting that point across in a post and pics......takes talent and mastery on the grill and with a camera for that matter. Be ready for the criticism.

Those pics up top are hard core money shots! They just are!

Bob
FYI, I never said the pics OP provided was not good. He did a great job with the cut of meat he had to work with. If you actually read the post i quoted, you would understand that i said there is way better cuts that can achieve better results cooked the same way. This has nothing to do with OP, he did a great job cooking this sub par cut of meat.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:23 PM   #45
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Please........

Actually, your argument is false because neither of those cuts have a fat cap, therefore there is no "same way" comparison to begin with.