Help with picking a fan

Austin_bbq

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Austin
I am looking for some advice on fan and adapter that goes with LSG and Fireboard 2. I got my LSG delivered 2 weeks ago and I can’t wait to get some brisket cooking.

I am planning to get bbqguru pitbull 25 cfm fan and 3/4" THREADED ADAPTOR to go with my. Fireboard 2 (links below). Anyone here used this combination? Trying to find if the fireboard 2 will drive the 25 cfm fan, and if this is the right adapter for the lsg fire port.

https://bbqguru.com/storenav?ProductId=54

https://bbqguru.com/storenav/Index?categoryId=&&productId=13

I have the Pit Viper fan for one of my FBs and I think it is more beefy than the FireBoard one. They both work fine though.

Sorry for the off-topic but I so tired of searching for a thread where I can post something. Awful.

I've seen so many great food photos on the forum. I could share too, but my photos are kind of yellow or blurry. I came across a review of good ring lights but not sure what to choose. I would like to get into food blogging in the future.

Last edited:
I just purchased the FireBoard 2 Drive for my Assassin 48”. I went with the FireBoard fan since it plugs directly into the controller. 20 cfm is plenty enough for what I needed.

I have the Pit Viper fan for one of my FBs and I think it is more beefy than the FireBoard one. They both work fine though.

Sorry for the off-topic but I so tired of searching for a thread where I can post something. Awful.

Well, you're on topic and welcome to the forum!

It will drive the fan from the interval battery. With the larger fan, you just won’t get as much battery life. I run the smaller Pit Viper fan and with only running off FireBoard internal battery, I can get ab 11hrs running at 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the responses. I think I will go with the pit viper instead of pit bull.

Anyone knows what adapter goes with viper and LSG standard fan port?

I don't have any input on your questions, but are you sure you need a fan on your LSG?

I ask because I thought I would need one when I had a Shirley 24x36 built for me and I had a fan port built into the firebox door pinwheel. I have a Thermoworks Signals so bought a Billows fan. I think I used it twice before realizing that the temps on the Shirley are so easy to maintain that the fan just got in the way. Billows just sits on the shelf now.

You may find that your LSG will run just fine with out a fan.

I don't have any input on your questions, but are you sure you need a fan on your LSG?

I ask because I thought I would need one when I had a Shirley 24x36 built for me and I had a fan port built into the firebox door pinwheel. I have a Thermoworks Signals so bought a Billows fan. I think I used it twice before realizing that the temps on the Shirley are so easy to maintain that the fan just got in the way. Billows just sits on the shelf now.

You may find that your LSG will run just fine with out a fan.

Thanks for your input. I like to cook my brisket overnight and I thought I would need a fan. My old smoker was bad .. I had to wake up every two hours. I guess I was too excited to buy a new toy ..lol. I will have to give it a try without fan

I have the LSG 20X42 and I got the fan and Fireboard from them when I ordered my pit. If you have there offset you dont really need the fan. I used mine a couple of times and it really didnt do alot. You will still need to throw sticks on if you have there offset and the fan really didnt help the sticks last any longer. If you have there offset save your money and buy wood instead of the fan. Just my 2 cents ymmv :)

Back