MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

Default LIFO's - Catering gig/Bash???

Hey folks, I have been approached by the folks that put on the Jamaica bay kayak fishing tournament again this year. This tournamanet is a kayak only event to raise money for the casting for recovery group. An organization that teaches women to fly fish after breast cancer as a way to get back into activity. It's a hugely successful event and well attended.

They are looking for a caterer to do the event. I view this more as a they will pay for the food, and maybe a small amount for your work, but mostly a charity event. They need a dinner on a Friday evening, usually subs or the like and then a BBQ on Saturday afternoon after the event.

I thought about doing this but honestly doing it alone is a tremendous amount of work. Is there someone interested in doing the event that would like the gig? Would there be interest in making this a LI bash at the floyd bennet field, a thursday night, friday, saturday, maybe even sunday event?

If you are interested in taking on this challenge, about 250-300 people, please let me know. I can get you in contact with the contact person. If a bash is interesting, voice some interest here. We could do it as a group, maybe share the load of cooking then meet and feed.

We are under a bit of a gun, the event is scheduled for May 13 and 14, we could be party on either side of that time. FB Field has some water but nothing else. Large cement pad, it was the airfield that the Pan Am clipper ships would load up on shore, roll down into the water and take off across the bay.

Please comment asap!
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

ummmmm....
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Give it some time, lots of folks here from NY...hope you get some help. Hours away for me....
Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I'm a bit of a newb to be much good myself, no catering experience.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Smokin J
Full Fledged Farker

I've actually been in touch with Dee. Hopefully we will be able to work something out. It sounds like a great event.
http://www.jcbbq.com
LANG #84 W/ DELUX WARMER
MC PR-60 PIG ROASTER
MC PR-72 PIG ROASTER
CGL-60 MagiCater Charcoal Grill
Smokin J is offline   Reply With Quote