I didn't know a pork chop could be this good!

kyle corn

is one Smokin' Farker
A couple days ago I stopped at a sorta local butcher shop I just found out about called The Corner Butcher Shop in La Verne, Ca (http://cornerbutchershop.com/wp/). Sunday night I cooked up a couple ribeyes I picked up from there and tonight I grilled two beautifully marbled pork chops. I had never seen a pork chop with this much marbling and knew I just had to try them. I seasoned them up and threw them on my kamado, temps were around 400*. I glazed them with a raspberry chipotle sauce and let it carmelize a bit right before they hit 140* internal and then pulled and rested for 10 minutes. We didn't have much in the fridge so I plated them with some boxed dirty rice and garlic bread.

These were honestly the best pork chops I've ever had in my life. I truly had no idea they could be this good. My dad kept going on about how he hadn't had pork chops this good in 25+ years and that he forgot they could be so good. They were so tender and juicy and flavorful I almost preferred them to the prime ribeyes I cooked up Sunday night. I will NEVER eat another dry, lean chop from a grocery store again.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 366
Holy pork chops! Those are beauties!:clap2:

We used to get pork chops like that from the Amish when we lived in Iowa. Yet to find a decent pork chop here in Houston... oh well. Looks you had a great dinner.

They do look delicious, sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Most pork chops are too darn thin, and are next to impossible to keep them moist. But these are nice, good job.

They do look delicious, sometimes you really do get what you pay for. Most pork chops are too darn thin, and are next to impossible to keep them moist. But these are nice, good job.

Yeah, at $7.99/lb for a bone in chop it's not what I'd call cheap, especially when I saw a local store is selling boneless chops for $2.49/lb but this was DEFINITELY worth it. I'll never eat that thin pork flavored boot leather from a grocery store again.

Ain't an old fashioned pork chop grand, there is nothing like a well marbled pork chop. Nice work.

Marbling on those look great, have to see if I can find me some of those.

It looks like you have discovered the benefits of supporting a REAL butcher's store. Walmart and all the others force the price down and with it goes the quality. Real food, from real butchers, who pay a fair price to real farmers, keeps communities alive. To keep your town in business, keep your business in your town.
An Irish butcher.

It looks like you have discovered the benefits of supporting a REAL butcher's store. Walmart and all the others force the price down and with it goes the quality. Real food, from real butchers, who pay a fair price to real farmers, keeps communities alive. To keep your town in business, keep your business in your town.
An Irish butcher.

I've always known the benefits, but there is no real butcher in my town. This place is 30 miles from me, so it's hard to make it up there often. I'm definitely going to get up there as often as I can.

NICE CHOPS!!

I agree that most chops are thin and dry out easily. A good, thick bone-in chop is the only way to go!

Nicely done!:thumb:

Back