MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #601
BornToSmoke
Found some matches.

Lovin it all...
BornToSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #602
duesy45
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Newby here- first post. Planning on building a BDS. Not sure I can find all of the parts where I live but have started looking. :)
duesy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #603
gadgetguy
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I haven't been around here long but this so far for me has been the most informative site i have found for smoking. I had posted a pic of my smoker and asked for upgrades and wound up with a ton of invaluable info i haven't been able to find elswhere. Also people here have been quite friendly!!!!
Thanks to all!!!
HarryC

Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #604
Investlt

Great site; it would be great if you enabled the search feature for the individual forums.
Investlt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #605
Paulny
Got rid of the matchlight.

Great site, however, I finally got my WSM today and am searching for recipes. The recipe link states I must make a few posts in order to view recipes. I completely understand that it is to reduce spammers but I don't have anything to say cuz I haven't even fired her up. I need a recipe for that.lol. Anyhow, I am enjoying this site and am looking forward to trying many of the recipes that members were kind enough to share publicly. Hopefully share one of my own someday! thanks
Paulny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #606
Hooph Hearted
Got rid of the matchlight.

This site is great. I stumbled on it looking for tips on smoking a boneless leg of lamb. Like other "raw meats", I am looking for recipes and techniques on the best ways to get it done in the hot box.

I'm just excited to make my first post! I need this site in the form of a mobile app so I can get info on the move.
Hooph Hearted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #607
kaosfury
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Karl

Go all the way to the bottom of the page. On the left hand side there is a drop down box. Change it from default to mobile and you are good to go.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #608
kirk fortin
Knows what a fatty is.

Hey Paul if you got any question two things, 1 Someone here knows the answer 2 it will get you some postings done so you can see recipes. Just think about anything and throw it out there. I too found this when i got my WSM in 2009

Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #609
Smokindanorth
Got Wood.

New to the site, but so far it seems great!
Smokindanorth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #610
Mccaf

Default Frustrated

I am very frustrated with the log-in bs.

Every time I need to log in I need to req a password. When I get in and go to change the password to something I can remember the site tells me they do not match. Grrrrrr
Mccaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #611
london_lhr
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Newby

Hi all,

I am new to this very informative site but not new to grilling

Have been grilling, both directly and indirectly for more years that I can remember.
I am, however, new to the "American" way of BBQ, slow and low heat.
My interest was aroused when I received a book by Paul Kirk as a present.
That was it. I was hooked!
From information gleamed in the UDS smoker thread, I have built me a UDS with Weber lid and a few of the other modifications and this coming weekend the UDS will be fired up for the first time in anger
It is just a pity I cannot get into the recipe section (too few posts) so I will have to use recipes from other sites.

Barry.
london_lhr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #612
kaosfury
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Karl

If you are doing pulled pork, Alton Brown's rub is awesome as a starting point. You can find it using google.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #613
Smokin J's
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Jeff

What a great site! I have been cruising for a while and just became a member. Can't wait till I have access to some of the other areas!

BTW, been cooking low and slow for a while (on my gas grill), just recently bought a WSM 22.5 and absolutely love it! A friend of mine and I are actually thinking of entering some local BBQ events just for the experience of it! When I have the authority, I will begin posting some of my "goodies".

Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #614
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccaf View Post
I am very frustrated with the log-in bs.

Every time I need to log in I need to req a password. When I get in and go to change the password to something I can remember the site tells me they do not match. Grrrrrr

you need to enable cookies for this site and make sure you click the 'remember me' box.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #615
FISHON
Found some matches.

This site is great! New-B here from the land of the Frozen Chozen trying to expand my repertoire beyond salmon. Happy to purchase the subscription.
FISHON is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->