Foodsaver V3840.....Not having a good time

Well it has a moist seal it runs the heat a little longer and make sure the texture is on the bottom so it get the full heat. And yes the over the sink and manual seal for really wet stuff.

You can usually tell by the noise it makes if it is going to work good enough or not in the first 2-3 seconds, well before sealing. If it sounds bad stop, and start over. I went through the same issue a couple of weeks ago and wasted about 10 bags before I figured this out.

I have a 3880 and love it... It will suck liquid right into the sealing area and seals every time.... I have never had an issue... Bloody game or fresh meat to cooked meats and liquidy cheeses and fruits....I sealed them all in a variety of differnt bags...

I have a 3880 and love it... It will suck liquid right into the sealing area and seals every time.... I have never had an issue... Bloody game or fresh meat to cooked meats and liquidy cheeses and fruits....I sealed them all in a variety of differnt bags...

Then what the Fark am I doing wrong......:tsk:

I have an old cheap Kenmore one that I've had about ten-twelve years, with very few issues. I cut, seal, and freeze several deer and wild hogs every year, plus countless amounts of stuff like pulled pork, homemade sausage, bulk meat, fish, stuff out of the garden, cheese, and so on. We use it several times a week. The only time I've had trouble is when something is really, really full of liquid.

I had a foodsaver that lasted less than a year with no repair or parts available.

I bought a Weston and have had no problems. I use any brand bag, rival, foodsaver, ect. all work fine.

It seals chili or thick stews with no problems. Soups I just chill not freeze.

Not that I need them, but before I bought the Weston I checked availability of repair and ability to purchase parts for self repair.

Some people swear by foodsaver, some of us have had bad experiences. I was so dissatisfied with my foodsaver I used it for target practice. That way I could actually enjoy the product to the fullest capacity even if it was only one time.

Some people swear by foodsaver, some of us have had bad experiences. I was so dissatisfied with my foodsaver I used it for target practice. That way I could actually enjoy the product to the fullest capacity even if it was only one time.

I hope you realize that sucking a bullet right into a target isn't worth as many points?

I don't usually store soups or chilis in bags, but if I do, partial freezing and hanging over the side of the sink work well. Usually, I'll store liquids in their vacuum seal canisters. I love them for more than just leftovers. For moist meats, I do put a folded paper towel in between the meat and the seal to catch any juices that might be tempted to get sucked out of the bag. I have the horizontal model V2840 that flips up and stores vertically. Never had a moment's trouble with it.

Back