MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Default Pulled Pork & Beans

After reading some of the chili posts watching a couple of chili videos I wanted to try some kind of bean dish. I bought some dry pinto beans and soaked 1 lb over night. I had some left over pulled pork in the freezer so I thawed out a package. Got out the Dutch oven and put in the pork, 1 chopped yellow onion, 2 Tbs spoons of EVOO and 2 minced cloves of garlic. Let that cook for 5 min.

Dumped in a Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale and cook another 5 min.

Now the beans, 1 ½ cups of water, 1 tsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, ¼ tsp of cumin, ¼ tsp of rosemary flakes, ¼ tsp of Mexican oregano, ¼ tsp of ground sea salt and ¼ tsp of ground black pepper.

[img]http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/DerHusker/DerHusker%
20Grilling/IMG_3224.jpg[/img]

Cover and cook for 2 hours, stirring every 10 to 15 min.

After 2 hours I added 1 bunch of chopped cilantro, stirred and turned off the burner and it’s ready to serve.

Money shot.

It turned out great. It had a little Chili Verde taste to it but not to much. It was a little hot from the chili powder and the Cajun seasoning the first serving right out of the Dutch oven. Had some more today and it mellowed out nicely overnight in the fridge.
DerHusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks delicious!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
maconusmile
Found some matches.

looks good.. nice dutch oven! I am in the market for one of those also...
maconusmile is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
BobM
Babbling Farker

Nice. I love a good bean dish!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
Bbqin fool
is one Smokin' Farker

Awesome! Beans are the best!

[COLOR=blue]Extremely Durable, Fast and Amazingly Accurate Maverick Pro Temp PT-100 Thermometer & ET-732[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]Found new homes: [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Modded Brinkmann SNP(it's finally holding temp!), 18.5" Weber kettle[/COLOR]
Bbqin fool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure how to edit my post but just in case you wrote down the recipe earlier I had forgotten that I had added 1 ½ diced jalapenos so I including another post to include. (I was wondering why 1 tsp of chili powder and 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning would have made it that hot when I first tried it )
DerHusker is offline   Reply With Quote