Brisket question.

It's a personal preference. BP continues to take on color. Some say foil keeps it more moist. Try both and see what you think.

I agree with above. For me, the answer is when I wrap, I use BP. But, foil has it's supporters.

Paper will protect the bark because it breathes, foil tends to soften it. Paper for me.

Paper will protect the bark because it breathes, foil tends to soften it. Paper for me.
EXACTLY! Using neither will give you the best bark but with that said, paper is much less destructive than foil and will shorten the cooking time considerably. With foil you'd want to vent it when the brisket is resting because the meat will continue to steam-cook but with paper you can leave it wrapped because it breathes and will allow the IT of the meat to slowly come down.:wink:

I only wrap if the color of the bark dictates to me that I wrap. When I wrap I have used foil and paper in the past. Because I do not wrap by time or temperature, I haven't seen any difference in using foil or butchers paper. This is because my brisket is typically wrapped for about an hour or less typically, if I even decide to wrap. I cook hot and fast also, so my brisket doesn't look like a meteorite if I decide to go nekkid.

Back