Has anybody smoked almonds?

RevZiLLa

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I'm going to take some raw almonds and put oil on them.
Pam? olive oil? Peanut oil?
Then put salt on them, maybe some paprika or seasoned salt ???
Put them on foil in the smoker along with the rest of the stuff.
timing? temp?

I need a lot of help here boys!

I think Pooh had a great thread on the smoked nuts. I know I have used his basic recipe and love it. Super easy to do, and well worth the effort.

If this wasn't Q Talk I'd phrase this a little differently. But some people enjoy Neil's smoked almonds.

Maybe he'll drop by.

Do a side tray or second batch with some plowboy's rub sprinkled on, you won't be sorry.

RevZiLLa,
Saw the link in your signature. Cool site. My 15 year old was in the CA State Tournament last weekend and threw a 651 in doubles, a 626 in singles, and a 656 in team. He just loves it! His current arsenal is a Columbia Moon Ball, Columbia Wrath, Ebonite Total NV, and a Storm Attitude Shift.

I like to tell people that I'm the pit crew! I made this ball spinner, because I didn't want to spend the $200 for a commercially made one.

All the best,

Attachments

• Ball Spinner.jpg
    Ball Spinner.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 131
RevZilla:

We call it the "search" function

Don't worry about it, Rev.

There's been a thread on every subject imaginable, and so many pics of bbq that they all seem the same after a while.

But, it's still a lot more fun to start a new thread and have a conversation than to search the forum and read what everyone else got to write.

I smoked banana peels in college...they call it mellow yellow...does that help?

Sled, thanks for that link. Looks like a keeper. Some good lookin' recipes on that Dizzy Pig site.

Back