MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-06-2003, 01:47 AM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Aprons, Tee shirts.. Grafitti??

well?? first cut.... comments??? I know I need new flames.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2003, 05:12 AM   #2
david
is one Smokin' Farker

It's really quite disturbing :D
2009: well, you'd need to actually go fishing to have stats :(
2008: David 0, Steelhead 1
2007: David 0, Steelhead 2
david is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2003, 07:35 AM   #3
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

Don't it need a Schaffer can somewhere ?
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2003, 07:38 AM   #4
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by david
It's really quite disturbing :D

only if your the pig. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 09-06-2003, 07:52 AM   #5
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

That is kind of a gay looking pig, good start though

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2003, 08:42 AM   #6
BBQchef33

ok greg, and exactly how do you tell when a pig is gay? And more importantly, how do YOU know?

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 09-06-2003, 08:54 AM   #7
parrothead

Quote:
ok greg, and exactly how do you tell when a pig is gay? And more importantly, how do YOU know?
Can't you see the smile on his face? He looks as happy as can be.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2003, 12:23 PM   #8
chad

Great first cut.

Need to put the web address on there somewhere, maybe?? Or, never mind, it can go on the "text" portion of the shirt, apron, etc.

I'm guessing we'll be kicking this around at B2??

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2003, 12:59 PM   #9
Davewey
On the road to being a farker

kicking it around I'm excepting you all to be wearing the shirts by then

Old 09-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #10
david
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
I know I need new flames.
Let's just loose the flames altogether. They don't really add anything.
2009: well, you'd need to actually go fishing to have stats :(
2008: David 0, Steelhead 1
2007: David 0, Steelhead 2
david is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2003, 03:14 PM   #11
StLouQue

Cool first shot. My impressions? The "B" and "S" in Brothers seem tough to distinguish. Reduce the text curvature, and/or place the "Brothers in Smoke" on a banner? I would say the pig needs a bit more of a crazed look...a little less Three Little Pigs-like. Also, I feel the knives overwhelm the logo...I would try reducing their size and increasing the size of the pig's head. I agree, the flames don't work for me. Is the shield necessary? Couldn't the remaining elements stand without it?

I know this reads negative, but I really like the core concept. Work it , brother but I believe less is more.

Old 09-06-2003, 03:22 PM   #12
StLouQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brd1958
Nah, Schaeffer isn't everywhere. Maybe a regional chapter logo should include a can up a chicken arse.

Old 09-06-2003, 03:25 PM   #13
BBQchef33

ok, i sent it to a friend whos a graphic artist. Hes gonna play with it a little.

hes gonna work the flames, the shield was only temporary, i wanted it to look like a crest, but it was just an idea. the flames are going replace the shield, and encircle the pig with a little smoke/flame coming off its ears. The text is going into a banner. I had a hell of a time finding a decent pig, if anyone can find or has a decent pig head we can use, send it over. They were all cartoony lookin things.

Keep an eye on the original in this post, i just overlay it when i make changes.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 09-06-2003, 03:30 PM   #14
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouQue
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd1958
Nah, Schaeffer isn't everywhere. Maybe a regional chapter logo should include a can up a chicken arse.
i was gonna have it in there, but sharon says we can be sued if we do every go to cookin teams and have that on there without permission.

Bill wanted to have a contest, if anyone is inclined, send in some designs or ideas and we can pick the best one. Winner get a 6pack....... of southern flavor. :)

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 09-06-2003, 06:40 PM   #15
Davewey
On the road to being a farker

Pig, I got Pigs