What’s on your grill when it’s just you and your sweetie?

Kanco Connection

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I’m not very creative. Here’s the scenario:

Evening. Kids are put to bed. You and your sweetheart are just hangin on the patio. Glass of wine or beer or lemonade. Just talking. You want to fire up the grill and cook maybe a light app or something small—maybe you’ve already had dinner and just want a small bite. So something very low maintenance and quick that can cook while you sit outside and enjoy the weather.

What’s on the grill? Ideas? I’d like to have a few things for this scenario, but all my fastballs are steak/chops/ribs/thighs/etc.—not what we’re going for here. You got anything to impress a lady here? We’re coming up on 20 years—I still need to impress her, right?!

Buttered crostini with strawberry or raspberry jam.Maybe a smattering of cream cheese to cut the richness.Chocolate chip cookies are good smoked too.Store bought dough smoked delicately on a warm smoker.You got this.

Grandma and grandpa took the kids so it’s just been me and my sweetie since Wednesday. We went out to eat twice, had leftovers once, and tonight loaded up the little griddle with Parmesan garlic wings, garden asparagus, corn on the cob, pub burgers, sautéed mushrooms, onions, and eggplant.
8326e79503f06043cf9adf56057740ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to snack on steak & veggie kabobs when drinking. It taste good with beer and doesn't weigh you down.

Grandma and grandpa took the kids so it’s just been me and my sweetie since Wednesday. We went out to eat twice, had leftovers once, and tonight loaded up the little griddle with Parmesan garlic wings, garden asparagus, corn on the cob, pub burgers, sautéed mushrooms, onions, and eggplant.
8326e79503f06043cf9adf56057740ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exceptional!

I don’t eat supper and she doesn’t drink.

However, if I ever found myself in the fifth dimension you describe

S’mores and a glass of dry red OR smoked green chile nachos & tequila with lime

Post dinner when we wanted something sweet... back in the day when I could still drink beer, wife and I would sit on the patio enjoying the monsoon with a bag of Oreo's and a six pack of Guinness. No grill needed and trust me the combo works.

Last edited:
Back