MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:48 PM   #31
70monte
is one Smokin' Farker

$350 is not a bad price and I would probably buy it for that. You usually don't find the OR for $200 or even $350.

I enjoy my OR and like others have said, they hold rock steady temps and are very easy to dial in. If you do Facebook, there is a good group on it for the Good One smokers.

Do you know how old that one is? Mine is a third generation made in 2014 and is the latest version of that smoker. I think the third gen first came out in late 2013. You can take care of the rust. I've had to touch mine up and I keep it covered under a carport that has sides.

Let us know if you get it.

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #32
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Thanks Monte -

Im not sure which version...but...drop in drip pan, no bucket or spout, and pull out ashpan from the side. 3 slots in the damper arm position.

Therefore...I believe its the 2nd version....??

Please consider a subscription!

Brisket is sacred, don't **** with brisket!

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #33
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Buy it. On a lazy hazy day with smoke hugging the ground....

Old 07-22-2019, 06:31 PM   #34
Mikhail
is One Chatty Farker

StlSportster, can you reverse the position of the firebox and the cook chamber? (What it essentially does is flip the lid) I think that was one of the features of the third generation.

PK Classic Grill
Broil King Signet 320 Propane
Good One Open Range over & under
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2019, 09:23 PM   #35
70monte
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
Thanks Monte -

Im not sure which version...but...drop in drip pan, no bucket or spout, and pull out ashpan from the side. 3 slots in the damper arm position.

Therefore...I believe its the 2nd version....??
I believe you are right about it being a 2nd generation.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #36
Smithers1945
Knows what a fatty is.

Not a bad price. I had mine up for sale for quite a while, and was only able to get $500. Mine also had the front stainless shelf, a cover, and was in a lot better shape.

I’d try $300.

I don’t know if others have had similar experiences, but I ultimately sold mine because it wouldn’t cook big pieces of meat evenly. For example, turkey. I had to take the top grate out of the smoke chamber just to get the lid to close. No big deal, right? Well, the bottom of the bird was damn close to the fire and therefore the underside of the bird cooked nice and fast while the breasts were only at 145 degrees. Screwed up my entire cook.

The exact same thing happened with pork butts.

I appreciate your itch because I always have it myself, but this is an itch I wouldn’t scratch again.
Smithers1945 is offline   Reply With Quote