• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday cook on UDS..Ham, Turkey, Chicken, Fatties. pR0n

B

BlkJeep

So I hadn't fired up the drum in over week. We're doing some work on the house and I've been busy. Finally on Sunday I said no work only cooking!! :eek:

Picked up a turkey breast, a chicken and fatty supplies. Then mom dropped off a pre-smoked/sliced ham and wanted it double smoked.

The breast got Italian dressing injected in it.

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01810.jpg

The chick got rubbed under the skin with Hen and Hog rub and stuffed with oranges. Then I heard her tell me "I wish I had bigger breasts!" So I thought I'd help her out a bit. :biggrin:

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

The fatties were simple. Average JD w/ BBQ rub stuffed with beef brats, buffalo chicken chesse and sweet onions.

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

No pre cook pics of the Ham but here is one of the ham and chicken. The breast was already foiled and in the cooler.

BTW smoked everything over HEAVY apple wood!

DSC01817.jpg

Fatties added!!:twisted:

DSC01818.jpg

Everything came out great. We had some family over for a nice Sunday dinner.
DSC01820.jpg

Turkey was so moist and this was the ifrst turkey that I could taste the smoke! So so so good!

DSC01821.jpg

This ham was the best I have ever ate! No doubt. I glazed it the oven and man did it top off an awesome ham.

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

My plate was half gone before I remebered to grab the camera. I also made 8# of mashed garlic/chesse tators, buttered soaked corn :biggrin:, and steamed
Asparagus w/ hollandaise sauce.

DSC01823.jpg

All and all it was great food and a lot family showed up!! Thanks for peeking in on my Sunday smoke.

+2 on liking bigger breasts. That looks like you put on quite a nice spread. Thanks for sharing. Vince

Holy Cow Man!!!!
Every single thing looks terrific.
How big was the turkey breast? How long did you cook 'em and at what temp? Thinking of doing one for my office get together on Christmas Eve......

cast iron-After hanging drywall and sanding.. Cooking is not work for me. I can say I really love to cook. I'm not that good but I still just love cooking.

shawn-
I think it was about 6# and I cooked it an internal temp 165 then foiled and coolered for about 2 hours. I cooked everything at 225 degrees and as always the UDS just sat there. It was so good and moist. I put a few slices in the fridge for yesterday's lunch. EVEN better the second time!

Codeman-the small town grocery store where I live keeps it in their deli.

Thanks all for the nice comments. :oops:

+3 on bigger breasts!!! That all looks great can't wait to fire up my ECB Sat for the first time!!!!

Back