MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #31
ScreamingChicken
Full Fledged Farker

Duraflame distributes Stubb's and according to the website Stubb's is available at Lowe's and "Walmart (selected stores only)", at least here in Wisconsin. I emailed Lowe's to see if any additional info is available.

Should the Lowe's around here drop Stubb's I can always get Duraflame from True Value Hardware.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #32
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbshop View Post
nope, i'm telling it like i was told and what i saw. not that i bought the stuff anyway. was actually talking to the guy about their choice of lump and then he pointed to the empty spot and mentioned that they are no longer selling stubbs. then i questioned him more thus the info on the tag thing.
I hope you realize I was only pranking you on April Fools day. I have never been able to try Stubbs so I have no idea if it is worth the money or not.
Dave

Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #33
mbshop
Babbling Farker

i suspected it but ya never know with the folks here . and yes, there is the point that it might just be up to the stores themselves but i doubt that.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #34
ScreamingChicken
Full Fledged Farker

According to the response I got from Lowe's Customer Service, there are no plans to discontinue the sale of Stubb's company-wide:

"Thank you for your email.
I understand that you are interested in learning whether or not Lowe's will continue to carry Stubb's Charcoal Briquettes. In my research into the item information I am showing that the product is an active product that we are carrying and there is no information that this product is being dropped."
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #35
Desert Hawg
Full Fledged Farker

All I can say, is there is none at my local Lowe's. Benn back several times and finally there was a bag with a discount sticker on it. Bought, and will continue to check. Didn't know about TrueValue, may have to check them out, or maybe order some Wicked Good and have it delivered to my local Ace hardware, just to try them.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #36
teej
On the road to being a farker

Favorite charcoal actually was Walmart Sam's choice. Now it's gone.

This was my favorite too. They've rebranded it to Backyard Grill or something like that. It doesn't seem as good to me. I've a couple of bags or RO bricks I'm using right now, but I'll see what else is available when I run out.
teej is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #37
mbshop
Babbling Farker

well, i guess that settles that. must be a store to store thing.
sorry for the worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
According to the response I got from Lowe's Customer Service, there are no plans to discontinue the sale of Stubb's company-wide:

"Thank you for your email.
I understand that you are interested in learning whether or not Lowe's will continue to carry Stubb's Charcoal Briquettes. In my research into the item information I am showing that the product is an active product that we are carrying and there is no information that this product is being dropped."

Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
4ever3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Whew! Thanks ScreamingChicken

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #39
Mrdeville
Full Fledged Farker

My Walmart has the Stubbs Briq for like $7 something a bag.
In Md. I bought some at Safeway for almost double that price! Same size bag!

Old 04-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #40
boiler93
Full Fledged Farker

Just bought some at our local lowes this weekend and paid 8.99
boiler93 is offline   Reply With Quote