MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #16
MAP
Full Fledged Farker

A team that is listed on the Richmond contest qualified in Ashville can they cook both when there is a waiting list?

Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
A team that is listed on the Richmond contest qualified in Ashville can they cook both when there is a waiting list?
They can compete twice, but only qualify once. If they finish top 6 in both events a regional space will open up for the 7th place finisher of one of the events.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
lazyjacres
Take a breath!

Here you go...........

http://www.kcbs.us/samstour/withdraw.php
Ole' Hickory EL
Hunsaker Drum Smoker
Pull Behind Reverse Flow
lazyjacres is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
I find it interesting that some think I just reserved my spot on speculation and am maliciously messing with other team's interests in the contest. I have a work situation that may keep me from participating. Once I find out I will decide and cancel if necessary. I'm glad nobody else has ever been in this situation.
Really???

It does not matter why. Stuff comes up. No biggie. BUT how long you wait to make a decision now that you know.... That speaks to character.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #20
kenthanson
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
I find it interesting that some think I just reserved my spot on speculation and am maliciously messing with other team's interests in the contest. I have a work situation that may keep me from participating. Once I find out I will decide and cancel if necessary. I'm glad nobody else has ever been in this situation.
It's your spot, do with it what you wish.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
hogzillas
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Father of Seoul View Post
Really???

It does not matter why. Stuff comes up. No biggie. BUT how long you wait to make a decision now that you know.... That speaks to character.
I wasn't saying you were gaming either but more this. We all know & understand things come up in life but in fairness since you know this early that something is possibly on the horizon you should make the decision one way or the other to be fair to those on the waiting list so that they can make their plans accordingly so no one is left hanging or scrambling at the last minute from you, the waiting list, kcbs & sam's contest as a courtesy
hogzillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Well, I did withdraw from the contest. But not due to work. I just came from my eye doctor and they have scheduled my cataract surgery for three days before the comp. The surgeon said he would not recommend being exposed to smoke that soon after having an incision in my eye - infection danger. Good luck to whoever gets my spot and to all the competitors.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Well, I did withdraw from the contest. But not due to work. I just came from my eye doctor and they have scheduled my cataract surgery for three days before the comp. The surgeon said he would not recommend being exposed to smoke that soon after having an incision in my eye - infection danger. Good luck to whoever gets my spot and to all the competitors.
That information makes your avatar pretty funny. Good luck with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery. Keith

Old 06-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobow View Post
That information makes your avatar pretty funny. Good luck with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery. Keith
LOL. I never made the connection with my avatar.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote