What was your best BBQ-related Christmas gift you received or gave!?

I got a Makers Mark gift pack from the wife. A bottle of Makers and two wax dipped glasses.

I drink when I BBQ, therefore it is BBQ related.

The SoDT received new kitchen lighting (ordered but not installed).

Rec'd a new Tel-Tru thermometer for my BWS Party and some pigtail flippers for chicken.

Gave my brother a Meat grinder from Cabela's and a Dakotah Sausage Stuffer.

Result: We made Brats the day after Christmas.

I got a new squirrel and some single-malt.

IMG_4274.jpg

My $200 gift certificate to All Things BBQ! I purchased a bunch of rubs and sauces as well as a grill light. :)

Here is my list of things i got as gifts.

-Food saver system with 4 rolls of bags.
-5lb NT vertical stuffer
-$30 gift card to the local BBQ store
-Welding gloves for handling hot grates
-one each of those giant HD foil and plastic rap from sams club

Hit the Jack Pot this Year
#1 Marty Leach's handel for the Egg
Cast Iron Grill
Steel Grill for the Egg's Fire Bod
Serious BBQ
Another BBQ Book
BBQ Utensils

Oh happy Day!!!

My DigiQ DX2!!!!! :clap2: (thank you Santa!!)

A Polyscience Smoking Gun. Haven't used it yet as I pretty much cooked and smoked enough food for a small expedition team just prior to Christmas!

I got 3 racks of BBs, a 7# brisket flat, an instant read therm & a "King of the Grill" apron. I also bought myself a 4# hunk of sparerib & a large jug of whiskey!

BBQ related I received some bear claws (which are fantastic) and another set of 12" locking tongs. Can never have enough of those!

My fiance got me a Green Mountain Grill! By far the nicest Christmas present I have received that I can think of. She is awesome and a keeper! BTW, this is my first post - got so excited I had to!!!!!!

Well, my friend is a BGE dealer and he gave me an XL last summer and said "pay me whenever". (Yes, he's a hell of a guy) So I still owed him $300. I almost had to fight him 2 days before Christmas when I made him take the $200 payment. He said "pay me after Christmas, buy something for your family instead".

So when I open up the box from my wife, I get a piece of paper with a picture of a BGE that says "Big Green Egg, Paid In Full", she paid him the $300 a couple days before I did.

I figure she either really loves me or really loves my BBQ. Doesn't much matter to me which one, hell, maybe even both. :wink: It was a great gift that I didn't see coming.

I also got an iQue 110, The BBQ Bible and a $50 gift certificate to buy meat at the local butcher.

I gave my dad Big Bob Gibson's BBQ book by Chris Lilly. He has a performer and I wanted to give him an idea of all that he can do on a kettle.

I also gave my friend-the BGE dealer, a quart of Blues Hog and a container of SM Cherry.

My wife got me the A-Maze-N Smoker with 3 bags of dust to go with it to do cold smoking!!! Man...I LOVE that woman!!!

Well, my friend is a BGE dealer and he gave me an XL last summer and said "pay me whenever". (Yes, he's a hell of a guy) So I still owed him $300. I almost had to fight him 2 days before Christmas when I made him take the $200 payment. He said "pay me after Christmas, buy something for your family instead".

So when I open up the box from my wife, I get a piece of paper with a picture of a BGE that says "Big Green Egg, Paid In Full", she paid him the $300 a couple days before I did.

I figure she either really loves me or really loves my BBQ. Doesn't much matter to me which one, hell, maybe even both. :wink: It was a great gift that I didn't see coming.

this one is the best so far - good friend and thoughtful wife - you win on both accounts :thumb:

My favorite by far is when my wife and then 3 year old son, tracked down a discontinued Smokey Joe Platinum (aka Jumbo Joe) a few years ago. My son just beamed when they gave it to me. It has since cooked some major meals on family vacations and we have made some really memorable family moments with good food in great places. It is priceless to me.

Back