MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
jawsfree
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
I played with my CyberQ a bit more today.

I turned DHCP off, and configured all the network settings manually. It now has a static IP, so I don't have to check the "WIFI SETUP" screen to verify what IP DCHP gave it.

I set up port forwarding on my router, and can get into the CyberQ from the internet.

Network wise, it seems solid.

Bob
I have tried that too. I don't know what I am missing but I guess I will have to call BBQ Guru next year to see if they can help
jawsfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
BobM
Babbling Farker

The CyberQ is a wireless B device. Make sure the network mode on your wireless router, supports wireless B.

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
WhiskeyPigBbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
How well does thE adhoc mode work. Fixing to get one when my BBQ vault arrives in a week. Or should I just get another trusty digiqdx2?
I would hold off until you cook with your Vault. I have abandoned using my CyberQ on my safe with the exception of having (3) temperature probes and using it to monitor temp. The Vault should run itself without the Guru. Plus I have problems with mine even in the ADHOC mode. I never even attempted the Infrastructure mode.
WhiskeyPigBbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #19
BobM
Babbling Farker

"WhiskeyPigBbq" check out this thread, of my experience with adhoc mode:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...26#post2310326

Bob
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
Grant968
Knows what a fatty is.

I had futzed with CyberQ WiFi since its release. Adhoc, no problem. Infrastructure, impossible. I had called BBQ-Guru soon after receipt, and did not receive meaningful help. Last month, I called again and worked with the tech until problem solved. Loving it. Recommend the same to you!
Grant968 is offline   Reply With Quote