• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2013: Sam's Tour Judges Registration Recap

Mustanger

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Sam's Tour Judges Registration Recap

January 17, 2013 Judges registration for the 2013 Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour began last night with 541 judges signed up by the three-minute mark and nearly 1,000 within the first hour.

There are still plenty of judges’ opportunities available. Don’t miss out on your chance to be a part of what is quickly becoming one of the most reputable barbecue competition series out there.

To register, visit: http://www.kcbs.us/samstour/

Source URL:
http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=603

We are going to Baton Rouge for our one and only Sam's contest. The rest are too far away......

Warning From HELL!!!: Internal Server Error!!!

RE:
2013: Sam's Tour Judges Registration Recap
Warning From HELL!!!: Internal Server Error!!!

I logged into the KCBS website at around 17:00 yesterday, January 16, 2013. That was 2 hours before the 2013 Sam's Tour Judges Registration was scheduled to open.

I was glad to see the clock up and running for the Judges Registration for the 2013 Sam's Tour.

So, I just left that page open, and opened up another page to take care of other business. I checked back about an hour later. I noticed that the KCBS clock was about 8 minutes slow! That sure made me wonder. However, I did a page refresh, and the clock immediately caught up. Apparently, if a clock is running on an open page in FireFox, that fact will slow down the clock display, and that it will not be in sync with the actual clock.

Learned something new.

At about 18:50, I went back to the KCBS website.

I did a couple of page refreshes prior to 19:00.

At exactly 19:00, the magic sign "REGISTRATION NOW OPEN" appeared.

I clicked on the link, and clicked on Overland Park KS.

The Overland Park KS page opened up with Overland Park KS in the little window!

"Hallelujah!," I said to myself. "Looks like everything will work okay!"

I entered my KCBS judge number and my email address.

I pushed enter.

Then I got the Warning From HELL!!!: Internal Server Error!!!

The following is a cut & paste of that message:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kcbs.us and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.kcbs.us Port 80

:pile::pile::pile:

Oh my gosh!!!

This is starting to look like the same massive problems they had with the cooks registration for the 2012 Sam's Tour!!!

I certainly did not have time to contact webmaster@kcbs.us via email, and wait several hours for a reply.

So I tried two more times.

I kept getting the same error message!!!

So, I did a quick non-orderly shutdown of FireFox via Task Manager.

Then an immediate reboot.

I immediately went back to KCBS.us.

The clock was working.

That was a good sign

I clicked on it.

I again went to Overland Park KS.

Oh my gosh!!!

It said "JUDGE LIST FULL." :pile::pile::pile::pile::pile::pile:

The time was only 19:02! Overland Park filled up in less than 2 minutes??? I guess so!!!

I couldn't believe it!!!

As you will remember, Overland Park KS was also the first one to fill up a few days ago for the 2013 cooks competition.

So, I went to my second choice: Kansas City MO.

There were still openings!!!

I clicked on it and the page properly opened!!!

I entered my judge number and my email address.

I held my breath.

I got the following message:
2013 Sam's Club National BBQ Tour
Judge Registration

Congratulations! You have successfully registered for the following event:
Kansas City, MO - 9/28/13

We will contact you with further information. Thanks for your interest in the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I successfully registered!!!

I did a cut & paste of that message and placed it in a notepad.txt file for safe keeping.

I couldn't believe it!!!

Hallelujah!!! For Real, this time!!!

I hope everybody else had better luck than I did, and that they all got their first choice.

I do have one question for someone more knowledgeable than I am:

Does anyone know whether or not we will eventually get a confirmation email in the next few days concerning the judges registration?

Many thanks.

Ken
"The Mustanger"

did better than I--tried and failed--so far zero! Last year judged 4 Sams events this time zero
not happy

Registered both the wife and I for St Charles Mo within 2 minutes, locked up at first for 30 seconds then right in, must have got lucky:grin:

did better than I--tried and failed--so far zero! Last year judged 4 Sams events this time zero
not happy

traverse city michigan still has spots, at least that what it says on the kcbs website.

And that's 7+hr ride - about the same as St Charles

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know whether or not we will eventually get a confirmation email in the next few days concerning the judges registration?

Don't be suprised if you don't hear from them until a week or two before the contest.

Just got my second choice (after getting my first choice last night) - Region 5 finals in Chesapeake, VA.

Judged two last year and I'm in for two again this year.

Good luck everyone else on getting something!

RE:
2013 Sam's Club National BBQ Tour
Judge Registration

Congratulations! You have successfully registered for the following event:
Kansas City, MO - 9/28/13

We will contact you with further information. Thanks for your interest in the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour!

If you got the above message you ARE a confirmed judge...I had the same thought last year...did not know I was in for Vegas. Got an email the Monday before the contest say please be here at this time...sorry made other plans thinking I was going to be confirmed. Spoke with Troy about it last April, won't be making that mistake again this yer at the Vegas Regional.

Again, if you or anyone else got the above message, you are a confirmed judge...why KCBS does not just have the message read YOU ARE A CONFIRMED JUDGE is anyone guess!

Back