MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Dover results

Any word yet??????
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

http://kcbs.us/events.php?year=2008&month=10&id=1326

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King
Lakeside Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
MilitantSquatter

George - Congrats on the RGC !!!! Way to go...

Paul from Midnight Smokers doesn't compete that much but they sure seem to always be at the top when they do.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Wtg watg!
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Just got back from Dover, I bombed all four catergories. It was possibly the worst BBQ I have ever made. My chicken had horrible color, my ribs were undercooked and my glaze was way to thick, my pork was straight chit, and my brisket was like eating leather rubber bands. To top it all off, I used cayenne pepper instead of paprika when I was measuring my rub, so needless to say my stuff was way to spicy. Like a ass, I never tasted my rub until it was on my meat. I was getting a kick out of the scavengers coming over and snaking my left overs and watching their eyes tear and noses run after they bit my food. I had a great time though!

Last edited by Jacked UP BBQ; 10-18-2008 at 06:47 PM..
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats to George and the WATG? team!! 13th place chicken as well! Damn proud of you brother
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #7
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

just one question...Who Are Those Guys? Great job George and Crew!!!
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
watg?
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks to all for the kind words, we are still in shock, unbelievable, amazing, and a large touch of luck. Just ending our second year of competition, all of the practice, the ups and downs, the sleepless nights, the arguments, the tears, the trial and tribulations, not to mention the large amount of cold beers consumed, and finally after all that work, we have made it to the zenith, the pinacle, the absolute highlight of our short competition careers, 13th place chicken.......we are thrilled......I have so many people to thank......words can not descibe....so I won't even try...

Startin the Fire-(a book) Everything you need to know about starting a competition BBQ team. (except the recipes) www.startinthefire.com

"Let me have a diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, make it fast, I'm in a ---damn hurry". Sheriff Buford T.Justice
watg? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Congrats to all. George WTG- RGC is awesome. Good contest. Much better weather than last year- ie no near by tornado. We did not do well. We thought our ribs were pretty good and were told our brisket by a team next to us was outstanding. A judge we were mentoring so he could get his master judge sai the same. He also like our presentations. Unfortuneately the judges who counted did not. Have lots of time to practice. Had fun at the event. Tried to do too much with my leg. Looking forward to next year. Hope to see all of you then. May is my next and it is only 5 miles from my house. 1st time for the event- 5/15 and 16. Good luck at the Jack for those that are going
Big George's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
backporchbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Fun weekend, weather was good, cold but good. CONGRATS WATG. Our food was good we tought but the judges thought otherwise. Oh well we still had fun. Time to keep learning and cooking at home, our last comp for the year. Guess I will pick up on tips here and try new things. See you all around here and a comp next year hopefully.

1 Meadow Creek TS120 with chicken cooker
1 Weber Kettle
backporchbbq.org
backporchbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Did you guys get a tornado again this year?
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
Fat Angel
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique View Post
Did you guys get a tornado again this year?

No tornado this year. It was a little breezy and cold though. Congrats to WATG and all that called.

Chris can you teach me how to cook ribs and chicken? Good Luck at the Jack next weekend!

Fat Angel BBQ

Meadow Creek TS-120
WSM
Fat Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #13
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Angel View Post
No tornado this year. It was a little breezy and cold though. Congrats to WATG and all that called.

Chris can you teach me how to cook ribs and chicken? Good Luck at the Jack next weekend!
Can anyone teach me to cook anything!!
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #14
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by watg? View Post
Thanks to all for the kind words, we are still in shock, unbelievable, amazing, and a large touch of luck. Just ending our second year of competition, all of the practice, the ups and downs, the sleepless nights, the arguments, the tears, the trial and tribulations, not to mention the large amount of cold beers consumed, and finally after all that work, we have made it to the zenith, the pinacle, the absolute highlight of our short competition careers, 13th place chicken.......we are thrilled......I have so many people to thank......words can not descibe....so I won't even try...
What time are you getting to Sayville to trim my chicken?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
lunchlady
is one Smokin' Farker

great job WATG!!!!! Congrats!

Yep, Midnite Smokers are always tough to beat... and great people too.
[URL="http://www.nebs.org"][I][FONT=Century Gothic]www.nebs.org[/FONT][/I][/URL]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]2 Backwoods Partys [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]WSM, 2 Weber kettles, Weber Performer[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Large BGE[/FONT][/I]
lunchlady is offline   Reply With Quote