Ribs, chicken, corn, mashed taters...PR0N...

J

joeysmac

Good evening brethren (and sisteren)...I did my first no-foil ribs on my UDS tonight and I'm a big fan...no hassle...just set it and leave 'em alone. I put them on at 2:00 PM and the temp averaged about 250* until 6:00 when I took them off (Apple juicing every hour or so). I cooler'd them for about half an hour before serving. I also threw some corn on the UDS about 4:00 and let them smoke for about 2.5 hours at 250*. The rubs were McCormick's Mesquite on one rack and McCormick's Smokehouse Maple on the other rack. I liked the Maple better...Mesquite was a little more bitter than I like. Also had mashed potatoes but the didn't make the pics (forgot to get a pic of my plate :icon_blush:)

My wife doesn't like ribs (I didn't know until after the wedding :doh:)... so I also BBQ'd some chicken legs with the Mesquite rub and some basic BBQ sauce about half way thru...much better on the chicken I think.

Here's the PRON:

Smokehouse Maple is the yellow-ish rub up front...Mesquite in the back...
IMAG0153.jpg

Ribs and Corn in UDS, chicken on the grill...The weather in Newnan, GA has been incredible this weekend...
IMAG0154.jpg

Don't have a clue which rack is which rub by looking...
IMAG0155.jpg

Deliciousness...
IMAG0157.jpg

One ear of corn looked different for some reason..
IMAG0158.jpg

Chicken legs...
IMAG0159.jpg

The spread...
IMAG0160.jpg

Back