Making MOOSE's Cheesy Chili Gravy Beercan Chicken Enchiladas! PRON

GreasePig

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Leftover beercan chicken is the stuff!

I saw Moose's post of his enhiladas a couple of days ago and just KNEW I had to try those!

The base!
DSCN0904_edited.jpg

stemmed. seeded, and prepared according to Moose's recipe. Fridge overnight to let the flavors get happy!
DSCN0905_edited.jpg

Getting ready to assemble
DSCN0906_edited.jpg

Ready for the oven
DSCN0907_edited.jpg

MAN! THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!
DSCN0908_edited.jpg

A lil' Mexican corn, some black beans, and the main course!
DSCN0910_edited.jpg

I made a happy plate!

The sauce was great. Had a really nice complex flavor. It was smokey, sweet, and hot all at the same time. Only thing I'll change for next time is I will probably use chicken or beef broth instead of vegi broth and I might add some cumin. This is a very thick sauce after you cook it so be sure and have some extra broth around to thin it out when you reheat it.

We made very simple chicken enchiladas. Smoked chicken, cheddar, jack, and chopped green chilis. The smoked chicken really went well with this sauce. I can't wait to try it out on some beef enchiladas. Anyone have leftover chuckie? This would be awesome with that!

Making the sauce takes some time, especially if you let it sit overnight, but it is well worth the effort.

Word to the wise. Don't remove your contacts after making the sauce unless you REALLY scrub your hands. I washed my hands 3 or 4 times after making the sauce and I still burnt the crap outta my eyes taking out my contacts! :icon_shock1:

Thanks MOOSE! Great idea! Great grub!

Great looking food- Balck beans are one of my favs-:eusa_clap

GP, so glad you liked this. I should have added to the recipe that after you reheat the sauce, you need to add some water or it will be too thick. Also, the sauce thickens in the oven when you cook the enchiladas as well, so more is better. Let me know how you like it with chicken and or beef broth.

They were great! If you like a bold flavored sauce, this is the one for ya!

Back