MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #16
Marsha
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillfella View Post
thanks for the input Marsha. Nice to have seasoned caterers to talk to
Any time!

There was a thread on here several months back where folks discussed the different things they include on their contracts. You might look it up, there were some great ideas!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 AM   #17
Neselba
Got rid of the matchlight.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillfella View Post
Hey boys (and girls) just did a 41 person wedding that turned out to be a pain in the ass. Served tri tip, chicken breast, artisan salad, chinese chicken salad,baked beans, brocolli caulliflower (too tired to spell check)rolls and butter and coconut chicken and beef kebab appetizers and a sampler of hot wings. Here is the kicker she tells me when I am there that she will be giving me a menu of what each individual person wants. Here is what it looked like.
MENU

Tri-tip rare med welldone

bbq chicken

veggies

bbq beans

chinese chicken salad

(they circled what they wanted on the menu)

They had to circle if they wanted tri (rare, med or well) and what ever they wanted, some got just chicken and beans others got everything. Everyone cherry picked on the food. They just handed me a stack of menus with names on it, and my server had to yell out the name one by one, as I served it. I learned my lesson I serve buffet style you get what you want and thats it. Any one else have problems like this.?
Buffet is just like a catering.
Me, I prefer a buffet.

Possibly when serving a buffet style, for me, I
make obscure everything for that day.This thing
we don't expected, what if customer wants
something different.Ooops!!!!,BEWARE...........

http://www.ichatcatering.com/strateg...ood-diner-cebu
Neselba is offline   Reply With Quote