Is there an easy way to clean a rib rack?

71-South

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm betting someone has a nice trick that will ease the process of cleaning a rib rack. I have the Weber one that's got slanted slots.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bret

Cleaning cycle in the oven! :biggrin:

Try this, works on grills too........

IMG_2621.jpg

:biggrin:

Hey All,

I'm betting someone has a nice trick that will ease the process of cleaning a rib rack. I have the Weber one that's got slanted slots.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bret

Probably lots of good ways. I've used a bunch.

One of the better ways I recall is to put them in a plastic shopping bag or garbage bag filled with a good detergent/degreaser and some warm water to let them soak a while. Then pull them out and give each divider a wipe with Brillo pad or something similar and the stuff usually comes off quickly

Do the garbage pan thing with some simple green and let them soak over night. Will wipe right off the next day.

I let my set in a bucket of warm dish water over night and then just rinse and wipe the goo off them. rinse with clean water dry and pt away. Just did this Saturday.

I knock off the big stuff and toss 'em in the dishwasher...if anything's left it'll be clean to cook with the next batch! :biggrin: I am likin' the dog idea though...Jake would love to hit those! If he ever wakes up...dang teenagers!
IMG_4156.jpg

I knock off the big stuff and toss 'em in the dishwasher...if anything's left it'll be clean to cook with the next batch! :biggrin: I am likin' the dog idea though...Jake would love to hit those! If he ever wakes up...dang teenagers!
IMG_4156.jpg
JD you better go check your beer stash... Looks like Jake is sleeping it off:biggrin:

Are you oiling it, or spraying with Pam, before cooking? This helps a bunch.

Now tell me this dog wasn't riding the porcelin bus??? :twisted:

IMG_4156.jpg

My 2 cents here, pam the racks next time you use them.
When done using your racks........boil some water on the stove top and add some Dawn dishsoap or Simple Green.
Put the rib rack in a 10 qt bucket w/the above mixture.
Let soak for abt 20 minutes.
Then scrub with those green abraisive pads.
The grime will basically fall off.

Back