Smoked roast beef PoBoy sandwich

CajunSmoker

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I started a 7# eye of round roast beef yesterday morning to make Cajun roast beef for Po Boy sandwiches for today’s family dinner.

Here is the roast straight out of the cry o vac pac.

Since this is for sandwiches I didn’t want much fat on it. I trimmed the fat and silvery stuff like a membrane off and got my stuff for the rub ready.

Here it is all rubbed and ready to hit the smoker. I'll smoke it with hickory chunks and Royal Oak til it hits 180*.

When it’s finished I will foil it and refrigerate it overnight for slicing thin tomorrow morning. I save the juices and mix them with water, milk and Tony’s creole gravy mix for a gravy to pour on and dip the Po Boys in.

OK here are the after pics for you guys. This pic shows half the roast in the cooling foil. I scrape all the drippings into the pot that I make the gravy in.

And finally a picture of all the meat after I finished slicing it with some french loaves to make the sandwiches on

Don’t forget to thin slice your tomatoes, lettuce and onions while your slicer is out. It makes quick work out of the job and makes all your fixings a consistent size.
Here is a pic of one of the sandwich's with home fries and gravy for dipping.

Enjoy:-D

I would have preferred more meat in the sammie, but I am a pig. Good meal.

Very nice!

I love Po' Boys - had one with Barbacoa Cerdo yesterday at my neighborhood grill and bar. Next time I'm goin' for the crawdad tails Po' Boy . . .

Great looking sammies...another addition to the "must try" list...it's getting awful long from this site!

Back