• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Celebrity Judges for Delaware contest

B

BrooklynQ

TV personalities to judge Dover BBQ competition

By PETER BOTHUM, The News Journal Posted Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 10:50 am
Fox 29 traffic reporter Dorothy Krysiuk will be one of several judges at this weekend's Diamond State BBQ Championship in Dover.

Dover Downs has tapped local TV personalities and public figures to judge Saturday's Diamond State BBQ Championship event.

What do they get in return? Heaping helpings of sauce-slathered meat off the barbie.

The panel of judges for the event includes Fox 29 traffic reporter Dorothy Krysiuk; Author Francis Anthony (“The Love Chef” from “Regis and Kelly”); WBOC 16 (Salisbury, Md.) “Morning Show” co-host Kelley Rouse; CN8 personalities Brian Gurry (“American Builder”) and Chef Paul Dillon (“Let’s Cook”).

Also judging will be Brooke Malone, co-host of the “Morning Mess” on Eagle 97.7; Scott Daniels, president of the First State Chefs Association; and Dover Air Force Base commander Col. Sam Cox, 436th Airlift Wing, as well as Col. Ron Rutland, 512th Airlift Wing.

The competition begins at 10 a.m. on Dover International Speedway’s infield.

Tickets are $5; $1 from each ticket goes to United Way of Delaware.

For more information, visit www.doverdowns.com.
Contact Peter Bothum at 324-2885 or pbothum@delaweareonline.com.

"Thrill" is all I can say.
For the public and celebrity judges, we normally overcook a bit and sauce it up :lol:
But, that is just us.
Crapshoot as always.

TIM

I think this line sums it up well...
Heaping helpings of sauce-slathered meat off the barbie
That's not exactly what I was taught to look for in judging class.

It is a KCBS contest-- State Championship.....

They'll also be trying to make the Guiness World Record "largest crabcake"-- so that right there is something. I guess.

Sawdustguy said:
I wouldn't let this one worry me as I see no indication of KCBS sanctioning.

backyardchef said:
It is a KCBS contest-- State Championship.....

I stand corrected. It would be nice if they made the celebrities sit the judges course.

BrooklynQ said:
The panel of judges for the event includes Fox 29 traffic reporter Dorothy Krysiuk...
LOL! I'll have to take my 9 month old kid there to meet her. He goes nuts when he sees her on TV every morning. I think she's his first crush.

Back