what to do with chunk of frozen cooked old brisket

evilpsych

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
well.. was going through my freezer, and realized i have about 2-3lbs left from a brisket i did last fall... i'm thinkin thaw it, chop/cube it up, and toss it in the crock pot with some sauce and beans and make chili.. what ya'll think...

chile..

or crock pot with some beef gravy or au jus till its hot.. then shread it and spoon over garlic bread for hot open brisket sandwichs.

or heat it, shread it put on cheese bread with carmelized onions and peppers for Philly cheesesteaks.

or heat it and shread it and start building taco's

or. i just made me hungry... gotta go!!

Last time I had left over brisket - or pork loin - made an old-fashioned casserole.

Cubed the meat
Boiled a bag of egg noodles till almost done
Made a beef gravy for the brisket
Made a chicken gravy for the pork
Seasoned the gravy with head country, a little hot sauce, salt, pepper, some whoositcher sauce. whatever you like in your gravy. Keep the flavor close to the flavor of the meat. Go easy on the salt.
Don't make the gravy too thick. It will thicken and be absorbed by the noodles when cooked in the casserole.
Diced up some celery, diced garlic and onions - sauteed until soft
Drained a can of diced tomatoes. Saved the tomatoes, ditched the liquid.
Lighhtly beat two eggs.

Dump all ingredients into a casserole dish. Mix it up. Stir in a large pack of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Top with breadcrumbs. Bake until bubbling.

No left overs here dude.

Brisket chili, brisket fajitta, brisket omlette, just use your imagination, it's all good.

Evil, it does make for some awesome Chile! It nice if you have some leftover pork to go with it!

Back