• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Labor Day Q

blas1099

Reaction score
What do you have planned for the Holiday weekend smoke? I have 2 11lb briskets and some sausage to cook on Sunday!:biggrin:

Chuck Roll and gonna give shrimp a try. I know hair or no feathers.

I'm smoking 100 lbs of pork butt for the church, but I'm hoping to find time to get in a few beer can chix.

I was thinking about doing some ribs and abt's with a fattie or 2. (Birthday Mod)

Catering the 25 person feed we dontated to the local youth foundation (it went for over $700.00) so I got the butts on today...will make the ginger lemon cheesecake and chocolate caramel torte today as well...Tom will help with the rest tomorrow....

Going back to the basics....ribs, a couple fatties, and some ABT's...not sure what I'm gonna make the rest of the family:biggrin:

Ribs ribs and more ribs...

Random question - My wife bought a 20lbs turkey in the hopes I could smoke it. She wasn't aware it would be to big. Has anyone ever cut one in half and smoked it that way? It's going to be 100+ all weekend...I'd hate to use the oven if I don't have too!

I'm doing 90+ lbs of pork butt for the 41st annual Pardeeville Watermelon Festival.
This year is the 20th anniversary of my world record seed spit of 61'3". Think anyone will break it?

We're having a family reunion. Cooking a shoulder, Apple Baked Beans, Creamed Corn and Collard Greens. Probably throw some fattys on for good measure! I also thought about trying the chicken tenders wrapped in bacon as a pre-reunion appetizer (along with some shots of tequila so I can enjoy the family more) haha.

Gathering at the Homestead

Having friends and family over for a cook (ok practice for me, food for them) Plan on cooking 3 briskets, 2 butts, 12 racks and 12 thighs. Plan on trying some new things with the thighs and just being consistent on the rest.

Good smoking...

10 racks of ribs and 8 lb butt, along with a couple of fatties for a friends anniversary party. Will probably kill some Makers Mark as well.

I will be doing a whole 70# pig 2 pork butts and a 15lb brisket

Going to fire up the new smoker and see what she can do. The menu looks like chicken thighs, ribs, and burnt ends, and a fatty or two thrown on for good measure.

What do you have planned for the Holiday weekend smoke? I have 2 11lb briskets and some sausage to cook on Sunday!:biggrin:

I'll roll the window down if I'm over in Euless!

I'm knocking out the honey-do list this weekend so that I can go dove hunting on opening day. If I have time I'll try to get a short cook in and do some chicken and turkey.

Hey, first post, here we go:

Going with a little sumpin' for everyone.

Brisket
Baby backs
Fatties
ABTs
Burgers
Dogs
Sausage links

Clearly aks801 is way more motivated than I am this weekend...so what time to do we eat??

Sounds like quite a list ya got there! No requests for a steak?

Oooh, steak, good idea! Got a few filets in the freezer that are just taking up space. Can throw them on, as well. I am clearly caught up in pre-Hurricane Gustav hysteria.

Nice ride there, Gary K. I'm a Cobra-phile myself. Please PM me some details!

Hoping to do a butt Saturday, brisket Sunday and maybe some chicken both days for practice. Trying a new rub I made.

Back