Filet Mignon for you to dig on! Pr0n

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I went to the local Publix today in search of a Filet Mignon. There were none in the case on display. I have been cooking so much meat from there lately. I have become friends with the head butcher, Jay. So after not finding what I was looking for, I stuck my fat head through the service window and hollered, " Jay, you got any Filet Mignon?" I got the answer I was looking for. " How Thick" so after a bunch of blablabla, I got this'

Went home and set-up my Gamesaver marinate box and mixed up soy sauce, ginger,garlic and Merlot wine. Marinated it twice on the Foodsaver.
This is how it looked after the marinate.

Wrapped it in bacon!

Mixed up some Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Bacon and Bacon Fat in foil lined drip pan.

Set-up the Kamado, Indirect at 300 with the Veggies in the drip pan

Things got hot fast! I had to pull the veggies, and drop on a pack of Asparagus for my wife's dish. The filet had been sitting on the top grill dripping all of it's carnivorous wine all over the vegetarian aftermath below. But now it was time to finish and make sure not to over cook the beef.

Plated the veggies,

Added the Filet Mignon with a hay maker of fried shoestring onion topping

My veggies shine! Thank you for lookin, I'll keep on cookin!

Come join a throwdown today!

I like my Publix butchers as well.
Stopped in yesterday looking for Tri-tip. He ordered a case and I'll pick out the ones I want on Thursday.

Back