• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wtf is a fatty

Newenglandbbqer

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Wtf is a fatty I've only been bbqing for like 4 months now and I can only do it occasionally but I have no freaking idea what a fatty is

basically a jimmy dean type sausage log smoked but can be stuffed or seasoned w/ rub

I stuff, but mix sausage and ground venison... wrap in bacon... cut along the bacon...

MMmmmm

Ok it how exactly would one go about making a fatty

Lots of ways..... A plain JD type sausage log smoked, seasoned with rub, etc. then smoked, flatten it out by hand on some Saran wrap, or put 1.5# ground sausage inside a gallon zip-lock & flatten it out until it fills the bag, then cut the bag off it..... Then you have a 10" x 10"+- "canvas" to make your creation.... Stuff it with whatever you want & smoke/cook it.... I like cinnamon rolls or typical "pizza" style ingredients (pepperoni, cheese, olives, salami, mushrooms, etc)..... OR, go the breakfast fatty route: scrambled eggs, cheese, mushrooms, pre cooked pancakes/waffles, etc..... No rules, other than food safety.

Ok it how exactly would one go about making a fatty

Do a google search at the bottom of the page for "fatty" and you'll get bunches of threads with examples.

MY favorite way to make a fatty is easy...

Buy 1 lb breakfast sausage roll.
Unwrap roll.
Lightly season with desired rub (or not....I've done without too).
Smoke until IT of 160.
Rest, slice, put on crackers, enjoy!

THAT is what we call a NEKKID FATTY!

Do a google search at the bottom of the page for "fatty" and you'll get bunches of threads with examples.

MY favorite way to make a fatty is easy...

Buy 1 lb breakfast sausage roll.
Unwrap roll.
Lightly season with desired rub (or not....I've done without too).
Smoke until IT of 160.
Rest, slice, put on crackers, enjoy!

THAT is what we call a NEKKID FATTY!

Now that's how you smoke a fatty. :thumb:

It's no secret that I am a fatty purist. When Brother Smokey Pig cooked his first breakfast sausage log and Brother BigDog named it the Fatty it was just sausage, maybe a little rub. Stuffing and enrobing came later. I think every Brother and Sister should make at least one naked fatty in order to experience it the way it was originally.

So...

Here is a fun filled tutorial :-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140058

I love to make a Fatty sometime but what can i use as breakfast sausage here in the netherlands?

It's no secret that I am a fatty purist. When Brother Smokey Pig cooked his first breakfast sausage log and Brother BigDog named it the Fatty it was just sausage, maybe a little rub. Stuffing and enrobing came later. I think every Brother and Sister should make at least one naked fatty in order to experience it the way it was originally.

So...

Here is a fun filled tutorial :-D

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140058

After all the experimenting I've done with fatties, my favorite, hands down, has always been the plain Jane nekkid fatty. Really, for smoked breakfast sausage and what you can do with it, it just can't be beat.

Just about evil genius time. I'm probably going to have a heart attack when I eat it. Wonder what would happen if I put skittles in one

if you make one with skittles Please post a picture...

I love skittles, I had first bag at a Whitesox game that I was able to attend because of 1 year perfect attendance at school back many many years ago now.

Back