Cabela's Kansas City Contest Results?

I think a couple of MoFo's were talking about going - not a word since.

Here's what I could find:

Posted by Capt Gary on March 06, 2005 at 18:39:09:

In Reply to: Any Cabelas Results? posted by Chiefsfan on March 06, 2005 at 18:26:15:

Just got in from the competition.
1. State Avenue Smokers
2. Twin Oak Smokin Crew
3. Smokin Clones
4. Grillas
5. Rub It Til' It Smokes
6. Smokin 101
7. Four Mena and a Pig
8. Pig Newton
9. Smokin Guns
10. Bum Steers

Some additional info is availabe via the threads below:
http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/388379.html

Sorry, I beg to differ with your begging to differ: you posted NO results - which was the question of the moment in this thread :D and you had no link to the results.

So, PHHHHTTTTTT!!!! :twisted:

That's because the day we were there was the day before turn-in. Some teams weren't even on-site yet.

So, rather than begging to differ, I say BITE ME. End of discussion :twisted:

My, my, my two lame responses from MoFo's :D

The brother asked for a competition report, which I provided.

The Road Trip report wasn't even about the competition (what you guys did is like going to a concert venue the day before and talking to the roadies!).

I apologize for giving you two a wedgie for not answering the man's question. Now go pull the panties out of your collective cracks! :twisted:

And, I repeat: PHHHHTTTT!! :D

Just posted a few pictures of some of the rigs we saw at Cabelas. Teams were still arriving when we left and some had dropped off their stuff and were coming back later in the day. Saw one guy napping in preparation for the long night!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/modules...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

There was more than one team that showed up with 4 WSMs as their cookers. Less than $800 for competition cookers, different meat/temp/woods and naptime included. Not a bad thought. Also, as E said earlier, many teams had a Weber kettle or some sort of grill for the chicken. One guy with 2 Backwoods smokers said he doesn't do his chicken any other way than with a kettle.

bignburlyman said:
Does anyone know where to go to find the results for the contest last Saturday at Cabela's?

Hey, Big Burly Man, go over to the Cattle Call, draw a home brew, and intro yerself!!! :)

I always test them from the Preview page - don't know what the fark is happening.

I told E that it's the simple touches that make some of them look really sharp. A little chrome, black smoker on red trailer, etc. Of course the welds on some of them were very professional. Nice rigs.

Back