Beans for 200

Balls Casten

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The catering calculator calls for seven 117oz cans of beans for 200 people. In terms of volume, how many metal pans would that be?

With my bean recipe, 1 of those cans plus the "goodies" fills a 1/2 size aluminum steam table pan right to the top. Seven cans may fit into 3 full sized pans since the full size holds a little more than double the 1/2 size pans. Certainly no more than four full sized pans would do the trick. Best of luck!

I've cooked a lot of beans and if you add much of anything to the Bush's then 1 can = 1 1/2 pan. I use 5 half pans for 2 cans, plus 1 of other beans and one of pie filling plus pulled pork, onions and bbq sauce.

In my world, 70 servings of beans fit in 1 full size steam pan. 1 can (#10) of Bush's, 1/2 can of great northerns, 1/2 can black beans, 1/2 can red beans, 1/2 can apple pie filling, sauce, brisket / pork, dried minced onions, mollasses, rub.

We do 2 cans in each full size aluminim tray for every 50 ppl. plus rub, sauce, onions, brown sugar and some other TOP secret spices :cool:(j/k).

Clear as mud now but thanks for the input all.
I'm just worried about storing for a couple hr's until they go on the smoker.

Back