Vote Now to Decide the Master of the Tri-Tip Roast!

Who among the following has displayed the ultimate mastery of the Tri-Tip Roast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's not ruin the fun of these Throwdowns with a bunch of debating regarding the modification of pics, I think it's time to let this one go...don't you?

I'm inflexible in regards to allowing the use of editing software on your pics. This is because it would be an unreasonable burden to try and determine if any had been modified, and then deal with the issues of accusation and defense, etc.

So editing is allowed. I'm not dealing with trying to enforce non-editing.

I went with Deep south's cause like he said, it was still mooing when it came off the grill!

^^^ And there you go! A perfect example of the food being the winner. Not the pic. I actually think we're all in agreement here + wev'e all learnt something. Sure, off track a bit but worth it this time. Nice advice up there Andy!

The Fat lady has not started singin' yet...

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks, campdude needs more votes too, he's the only one of us with photo evidence to prove that he actually cut the entire thing properly, shifting to take into account the two grain patterns over span of the tip.

EDIT: or maybe he didn't, now that I look closer he starts off right but there's no proof about the big end, I thought the uncut piece was the small end. Maybe all of us should be disqualified :)
Thanks for the thoughts. I did cut the whole piece correctly. I just thought the pic looked good where I stopped.

You actually typed the word learnt, Bill. I bestow Honory Bama Boy privilages on you.

I went with deepsouth because it was just south of medium rare and had that nice crust. Mooing? Of course that is subjective (like cremated), but to me, it doesn't even look rare and definitely not blue rare -- looks too juicy for that and the center doesn't have that cold look. Have to take into account the red is oversaturated in the pic. I think if I was paying a bit more attention and saw Andy's sammie pics that were posted above, I would've gone for that instead. Less guess work and a beautiful presentation.

that's actually real close to what it actually looked like. in that particular picture, it's pretty accurate. now the picture of the pasta i posted the next day.... the color was all off of that one.

what's blue rare? i'm not sure i'm familar with that term.

that's actually real close to what it actually looked like. in that particular picture, it's pretty accurate. now the picture of the pasta i posted the next day.... the color was all off of that one.

what's blue rare? i'm not sure i'm familar with that term.

Great, reminds me of the sirloins my mom used to cook. Blue rare is what Guerry said. You just pass it over the fire. It's still cold throughout and the surface is just heated. It varies a lot, but maybe half a minute per side.

Dayummmmmm!!!

This thread ONCE AGAIN makes me wish I could get that cut here! I just want to TASTE one!!:mad2:

They all look so good. In the end, for me at least, it was smokinaussie, deepsouth and grounhog66 in the running. For me, deepsouth's looked the most yummy (farkin BEAUTIFUL!!!), but had to go with SA simply because of the marbling in that raw pic. That first slice looks so juicy I'm suprised my monitor's not wet!!!!

Nice job all! Lot's of tri-tip masters as far as I'm concerned!

Gore.....:tsk::rolleyes::laugh:......nice try!:becky:

They all look so good. In the end, for me at least, it was smokinaussie, deepsouth and grounhog66 in the running. For me, deepsouth's looked the most yummy (farkin BEAUTIFUL!!!), but had to go with SA simply because of the marbling in that raw pic.

Well Bill, just doesn't seem fair you're getting all the votes for marbling when my tri-tip had vastly superior marbling to yours. I'm sensing a conspiracy between you and Chris. Now where did I put my foil hat? :mad2:

I didn't see any marbles in there Gore, and frankly I'm not so sure marbles sound like such a good idea.

Well Bill, just doesn't seem fair you're getting all the votes for marbling when my tri-tip had vastly superior marbling to yours. I'm sensing a conspiracy between you and Chris. Now where did I put my foil hat? :mad2:

I'm just humbled so far Gore... win or lose! I never saw a Tri Tip till a few weeks ago and then had to do a lot of research for this TD, and then 1st time, things happened to go pretty well!:confused:

As you know, and as all brethren know... Chris is totally impartial.:lie:

In fact every time I asked him to pick the TD photo, he picked the wrong one! (At least IMHO).. Maybe all he can do is masterclass brisket lessons:becky:... and not a lot wrong with that!

That Tri Tip of yours though... Very nice. I really need to talk to your butcher!

Cheers!

Bill

no reason to be humble bill. that's a banGin tri-tip you had there. i'm not even sure our butchers down here knows what marbling is. and if they do, they don't put anything out with any....

Back