• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS Paint Scheme & Decals

firefighter4634

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am making yet another UDS but want to make it pretty. I have a niece getting married and want to paint it up half & half for Iowa Hawkeyes and Nebraska Cornhuskers. I can find high temp paint in most colors I need but not yellow. I am wondering has anyone tried putting standard vinyl decals on the drum and if so will they hold up?

I paint mine with enamel paint the drum does not get hot enough to bubble the paint so I don't know why decals won't work

I paint mine with enamel paint the drum does not get hot enough to bubble the paint so I don't know why decals won't work

I tried to find the working temp of enamel spray paint but had no luck. I also saw when looking at UDS pics on line that some have put decals on them, was hoping someone that has done so would chime it to see if they are holding up. thanks for the reply

No decal, but big magnet for a car......works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 160
I believe I have seen yellow brake caliper paint in a spray can.

I spray a base coat of the rustoleum 2000 degree flat black grill paint.

Then light scuff with a scotch-brite pad.

I then use any color enamel over that.

I tried to find the working temp of enamel spray paint but had no luck.

I think most regular enamels are for around 300 deg or so. I've seen people do baked enamel finishes where they paint something, then put it in a 300 deg oven for a while. Makes a pretty good stink, so I've heard.

Back