Spicy Apple Rub

jonboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was able to score some Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple Rub recently at the PGBBQ. Thanks Bubba. Today is the first chance that i have had to try it on some ribs.
Just now getting the smoker lit and up to temp.
And then these babies are smokin.
I do have a quick question about the amount of rub to use.
I lightly dusted them and was thinking of adding a little more before they hit the grate. Sound right?
jon

Attachments

• DSCN1827.jpg
    DSCN1827.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 114
I agree they need more. I see a lot of nakid spots there, make sure you get the under side too.

I see alot of naked spots too..I think its real important to make sure you coat evenly especially with any rub that has a kick to it so that no one rib will be more spicey than the others...

i used it for the first time last weekend, i went pretty heavy with it but the meat turned out much darker then i liked. next time i will go with less

I will be trying mine that I got at PGBBQ tomorrow as well. I can't wait. Just hope the ribs are half as tasty as they were at PGBBQ. I also would hit those with a little more rub before putting them on as well.

I listened to your advice and added some more rub to the ribs. I think that i could have added even more but was hesitant to get too much and have HOT RIBS.
I have used a slather in the past and have had a mushy exterior on ribs, a combo of too much slather and rub.
Ribs turned out a nice mahogany color and i basted them with some blues hogs. I was surprised at how glossy the ribs were. I forgot too take any pics as i was busy eating them.
I had a few shiners in the pack and will be more careful when selecting in the future.
2 racks for 10 bucks so i cant be too picky.:becky:
jon

Back